From time to time, we may run prize draws and/or competitions.
The eligibility criteria of the prize draw and/or competition will be set out on our website.
Winners of prize draws will be chosen by random draw.
We reserve the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
Our decision regarding any aspect of a prize draw and/or competition will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
We reserve the right to hold void, cancel, suspend or amend the prize draw and/or competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
If a winning school cannot take up the prize, we are not obligated to compensate them.
Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
Topical Talk Prize Draw
As part of our Topical Talk launch in Autumn 2021, we entered all schools that sign up for a free Topical Talk account between November 10th and November 30th into a draw to win one of three prizes:
- A class visit by one of our expert journalists from The Economist to talk about how they report on important news stories
- A class news workshop delivered by one of our specialist teachers (also serves as excellent CPD for observing staff!)
- One year of free access to our Student Hub, where young people can start global discussions with their peers and engage with leading topic experts like Al Gore (worth at least £399)
The following applies to our Topical Talk November 2021 competition.
- Schools were automatically entered into the competition upon signing up for a free Topical Talk account. No purchase was necessary and no details or submissions beyond those required for an account are needed.
- The three chosen winners will receive one of the prizes listed above. Further details on each prize:
- The class visit from one of our expert journalists will be via video-link on a date agreed between the winning school and The Economist Educational Foundation. The students must be aged 9+.
- The class news workshop will be delivered in the winning school (if in the UK), or via video-link (if outside the UK) for a class of up to 34 children on a date agreed between the winning school and the Economist Educational Foundation. The students must be aged 9+ .
- The year of free access to our Student Hub will begin on a date agreed between the winning school and the Economist Educational Foundation. Free access is for up to 34 students aged 9+.
Winners will be picked at random on Wednesday December 8th.
- Eligibility criteria: this competition is open for schools only.
- The prize draw will open on Wednesday November 10th 2021 and close at midnight on November 30th 2021. The winners of the draw will be randomly selected.
- The winners will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) by no later than Thursday December 9th 2021. If a winner or their school does not respond within 5 working days of being notified by The Economist Educational Foundation, the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Foundation will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above
- The winning school may be asked to take part in promotional activity related to the prize draw, including photography, filming, social media and media activity.
- We work with corporate partners to help grow our impact but this prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with any of them.