The Friday vote

Hub Headings friday vote.png

Comments (24)

• British Council.jpg open_drum | Asmaa Prep School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    04 Jan 2022

Is all the news important??
    I chose yes, but I'm not sure because I think there are some news stories that give false information. This means that some of them are not as important as the rest of the stories that provide real information and evidence in order to reassure people of the veracity of this news:
    First, if you want to write a really important news story with the right evidence and information, you have to do a lot of things…
    From my point of view, I don't know, but I think producing a news story in the beginning is difficult.
    Want to produce your first news story, but not sure where to start or what to do??
    It means that you are not sure about creating the important stories..
    Creating a news story is actually a series of tasks that involve writing reports
    And writing.....
    So I'll change the option to (I'm not sure)

Reply to this comment
    1. tom Tom @ Topical Talk
      open_drum's comment 04 Jan 2022

If a news story gives false information does this automatically mean that it is not important?

Reply to this comment
      1. British Council.jpg open_drum | Asmaa Prep School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
        Tom @ Topical Talk's comment 04 Jan 2022

Sometimes it is important and other times it is not.
        Because if you provide false information, it means that the story does not attract a number of people and this makes it not as important as other important stories that give correct information...
        I want to ask you a question!
        Now if you read a news story and that story was sure to be false, what would you do??
        As for me, I will punish whoever did it!!
        If he wants to create a news story in the beginning, make it good until it becomes important

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg bright_conversation | Shouka Prep Girls School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    04 Jan 2022

Is all the news important?
    I chose I'm not sure because i can't just make a generalization. Some stories deserve to be shown to the world because it implies something important and has a big impacg on the people . however, some stories that could be based on untustful information are misleading to the people and it's not nesessary to be told after all.

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg determined_deer | Beit Hanoun Prep Girls A School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    04 Jan 2022

All news is important, do you agree? I chose yes. Because the news has a large and influential role in the public in terms of shaping their opinions, tendencies and orientations towards certain issues and diverting their attention from other issues, especially since news is the window through which a person gets to know the news of the world around him and what is happening of events and issues. Some may judge that this news is not important On the other hand, there is a person who views the same news as important, so we cannot determine what is important and what is not. In my opinion, all news is important, even if it is not for me. What I consider important may not be considered by others as well, and vice versa.

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg appreciative_pear | Shouka Prep Girls School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    04 Jan 2022

Is all the news important?
    I am not sure that all the news is important because the news has its pros and cons. I will start with the positives of the news, including educating and educating the human being, as the news helps to educate and educate the human being and provide him with information that enriches the mind and learn about the cultures of peoples, where the news provides an important opportunity to learn about the cultures, customs and history of peoples Their civilizations and customs
    And now the negative aspects of the news, including exposure to health problems, as the person following news in an exaggerated way without awareness exposes him to many health problems, such as poor eyesight resulting from watching television and staying up for a long time.

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg enterprising_technology | Beit Hanoun Prep Girls A School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    04 Jan 2022

All news stories are important.” Do you agree?
    I chose Yes because news is the basis of people's awareness. News stories increase people's awareness.

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg independent_technology | Jabalia Prep Girls A School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    04 Jan 2022

Well, I chose by voting No, because from my point of view, when I browse social media or news on TV, I don't see that all the news is important, and sometimes I see that there are some (false) news, so other than that, not all of the good people are important, but rather that there are some false or improperly transmitted news. direct ...!
    For example, when we browse Instagram or Facebook, we see that most of the news talks about celebrities, football, and, etc....!
    But I think that the news is important or not important, depending on the source of the news. Perhaps television may contain important news
    Unlike modern social media, it contains news full of rumors and falsehoods.

Reply to this comment
      independent_technology's comment 04 Jan 2022

What are the criteria for an "important" news story?

Reply to this comment
      1. British Council.jpg independent_technology | Jabalia Prep Girls A School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
        Tom @ Topical Talk's comment 04 Jan 2022

Important news is warning, for example, news bulletins saying that (there is a flood coming / there will be heavy rain today / there will be an earthquake / today America left Afghanistan / .... etc.)
        Important news should contain (weather bulletins/war news/climate news/democratic news...and so on)

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg steadfast_woodpecker | Beit Hanoun Prep Girls A School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    04 Jan 2022

The news is important because
    - TV news plays a major role in influencing the masses, shaping their opinions and tendencies, directing them to certain issues and distracting them from others. Perhaps this was one of the most important reasons for choosing this topic to be the subject of study.
    This is in addition to the fact that news materials are among the most important materials offered by various television stations, and some researchers have proven the importance of news in human life by studying the individual’s loneliness and anxiety in the absence of news, to the extent that one of the respondents said: I feel in the absence of news That I lost a dear friend.
    And we do not forget that the news bulletin is a window in which viewers in their homes view the big world, and we realize how dangerous television is as a news device when we know that a person obtains 98% of his knowledge through the senses of hearing and sight, the pillars of the perceptual senses, and our surprise increases when we know that one From this percentage he gets 90% of his knowledge through sight or vision. If we add to that that television can reach thousands of millions of viewers in their homes at the same time, we can realize its dangerous role.

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg fulfilled_peach | Shouka Prep Girls School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    04 Jan 2022

Is all the news important??? I chose Yes, but I'm not sure because I think there are some news stories that give false information, also some stories deserve to be shown to the world because they include something important and have a great impact on people, however, some stories that can be based on unreliable information are It's misleading to people and you don't have to tell it after all. From my point of view, I don't know, but I think producing a news story at the beginning is difficult. Some may judge that this news is not important. And on the other hand, there is a person who sees the same news as important, so we cannot tell what is important and what is not. In my opinion, all the news is important, even if it is not mine. What I consider important may not be viewed by others either, and vice versa.

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg caring_personality | Shouka Prep Girls School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    05 Jan 2022

I choose No because I think that the important news is the one that can bring benefit to me or my people, or there is news related to other countries that help us and we love them, because their news interests me. As for international competition and games, everyone has his own opinion, whether he likes it or not, and there are views related to life for example, the emergence of viruses or news of temperatures that do not correspond to religious rituals, I cannot watch them, and there is also a country that we do not like, we do not care about its news, so I do not think that all the news is important to us.

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg aware_painting | Shouka Prep Girls School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    05 Jan 2022

The news story is important, but what determines its importance are the values ​​and standards applied by the media outlet due to the nature of the event and the extent to which the public pays attention to it... Rather, news stories raise the public's interest and with their continuous spread, they have become subject to updating and keeping pace with technological developments.. And the most important thing that distinguishes them is the journalist's use of his multiple senses in Presenting and transferring the reader to the site of the events in terms of presenting a lively picture of the event characterized by vitality and reviving the human nature of the issues at hand and presenting an image in the reader’s mind based on the human element, and providing an opportunity for the reader to expand his language skills

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg healthy_antelope | Beit Hanoun Prep Girls A School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    05 Jan 2022

All news stories are important." Do you agree?
    Yes, it is important. Let me explain to you the link that brings them together through an example that I will present now,In the past, philosophy was very popular and philosophers such as Socrates, Plato, Pythagoras, and Aristotle appeared, and here we are today thanks to their philosophy. We are here studying various sciences, now you will ask yourself and what is this related to? I will tell you, Were it not for the doubts of Plato, Aristotle and others, who made them spread and become popular stories among the people, would their knowledge have reached us? Of course not, here we explain the importance of news stories, which is the transmission of useful knowledge in the world
    news stories are also key to thinking about the world and its problems. When I tell you a news story that is about a country's decisions about a problem,I am here to think about it and be able to suggest solutions to it and how it can affect individuals in society and important positions and ranks in the state, and this is how I myself make an important role in society,And this is how I will encourage others to think, and we can form a community that supports global issues and has a role in them, and this is how we create an important scientific position for the state
    News stories also help in writing, for example, Victor Hugo excelled in his book Les Misérables when he wrote about societal injustice in his country and some of the important situations that were news stories in the novel,This touched the hearts of people, which helped spread the problem and clarify facts that were obscured and unknown by the public, and also strengthened the status of books in society, where now the book of Les Miserables has become one of the important books in this world, Which makes these news stories that occurred in the time of the writer a step forward to reveal the hidden facts, so he supported here the expression of opinion and community participation

Reply to this comment
      healthy_antelope's comment 05 Jan 2022

Solid reasons given to support your argument. Are there any news stories at all that you think are unimportant, healthy_antelope?

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg dynamic_bilberry | Shouka Prep Girls School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    05 Jan 2022

News stories are important!
    I chose yes, because news stories (news) are very important in our lives through which we communicate with each other and know the news and conditions of others, they may be our family and relatives, so it is important to know the conditions and news of each other, and they may be our friends, loved ones and others, and also, as they say, the world is experiences, as the news story may be about An ugly and bitter or sweet or beautiful experience that a famous person and circumstances or ordinary experienced in his life and we learn from it, so it becomes a lesson for what is in life and also occupies the task of broadcasting and disseminating news (news stories) an important task of society, so some citizens work as announcers or supervisors and other members of the news channel And of course, as they say, everything has two edges, positive and negative. Of course, this field has negative aspects, including:
    That these news stories may be negative or incorrect (rumours) may have a negative impact on the person or group to which these news (rumors) are accustomed and cause him problems and obstacles in his life, and it is also possible that the person to whom these news (rumors) are accustomed to do something Negative for the broadcaster or the members participating in the dissemination of this news or the news channel in general that spread these rumors that have negatively affected the person who owns this news. They don't want a bam that everyone knows about on the air.
    From my point of view, the news is important, so I chose Yes because it has more positive effects than negative, and it is very important and has many benefits.

Reply to this comment
      dynamic_bilberry's comment 05 Jan 2022

Well done for looking at both sides of the argument here, dynamic_bilberry. Try to use the full stop more so your sentences do not become too long!

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg kind_cymbals | Shouka Prep Girls School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    05 Jan 2022

The news is important to me and everyone as well, we are all interested to know what is happening around us and that's why news is important. What I care about more than the importance of news is how reliable the news is. As a receiver, I should always make sure that the news is coming from a reliable source and then I can decide how much it is important to me and how I can improve and learn from what is happening in the world. There is always something I can learn from what is happening around me whether it is happening to people, countries, weather, or nature. News is a double-edged sword. It has positive advantages, including knowledge of world conditions, weather forecasts news bulletin, wars between countries, the latest technological, medical, scientific and engineering developments, the discovery of antiquity. knowledge of the history of nations and the latest developments regarding everything.
    Negative advantages include: Knowing news from an unreliable source, which leads to the spread of rumours and news from unknown sources in the community. I would like to say to the world, do not take news from unreliable sources. I would like to thank the broadcasters and everyone who works to deliver honest news to us..thank you

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg champion_seed | Shouka Prep Girls School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    05 Jan 2022

Is all news important :- (Yes or no) No one can determine this except from determining people’s point of view. Sometimes the news shapes the environment and society in a negative or positive way. This is people’s belief, but for me it shapes the individual and society in a positive way. Exactly because they are able to give us important news such as (meteorology, news on providing aid and providing grants, and so on....... so that there is no problem with the obstacles for people and this news is not spread easily, but in terms of its work, it spreads very hard for journalists They risk their lives to tell us the shifts

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg appreciative_pear | Shouka Prep Girls School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    05 Jan 2022

I think that the news story has importance and the criteria of the news story are based on several criteria, but these criteria are not fixed but rather change with changing circumstances, conditions, cultures, requirements and needs, and although news agencies have fixed rules, after conducting studies and interviews it was found that the basis for these criteria is the news itself. It is these criteria that determine the reach of a news story.

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg unassuming_tamarillo | Beit Hanoun Prep Girls A School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    05 Jan 2022

I think that all news stories are important. News is the window in which the viewer looks at and gets all global information. Without news, a person does not know what is happening around the world, and from here, a person does not develop, does not learn, and does not know the news of his world.

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg appreciative_writer | Khan Younis Prep A Girls School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    05 Jan 2022

Not all news is important because some of the news is fake and some people publish it for the sake of fame, nothing more, such as when a person publishes that there is a disease that will destroy the world or that all dreams come true. Corona virus that destroyed us

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg versatile_satsuma | Beit Hanoun Prep Girls A School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    06 Jan 2022

*Now we are about to see what has never happened before, a very cold storm that will destroy an entire area with its inhabitants, homes and everything, so be prepared*
    Well, did you believe this??!!
    This is what is happening here, this is the reality, let's see together this lie that you told in the example, this is what happens in the media, the media is a mysterious circle surrounded by lies. Of the damages to this nonexistent story that did not exist from the ground up, which arose from writing and lying for the sake of some gain. We did not differ until now that this story is false, but is it unimportant because it is false?!! Of course also not, it is possible that a story that we may be suspicious of will shake the world, and this is the case with many other stories, for example, truthful or any other news story ، For example, let's take the expected event in 2022, which is the sport between Beijing and Qatar and the violation of human rights. We started talking and communicating the matter from now before it happened and we are all, of course, against the violations that occur against members of the people. This news story occupied the highest places, let's look from a different angle, for example Example: Isayama, who is the content creator of Attack on Titan, announced that Eren, the main character, is still alive and that he is not dead yet. It is truthful, for it remains important for what it leaves behind. The thing that we can compare is the goodness of this story, not its importance, for the one who differentiates between the stories is the good one , The question is, is it a good or bad news story?
    This depends on the hype you make on social media

Reply to this comment

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!