Which of these stories...

Learnt about our four stories yet? If not, head to the Learning Zone now to recap!

Or, read about them yourself by clicking the images in the gallery below.

In this activity, you need to respond to each question by clicking one of the stories. Give it a go and then see how your votes compared to the votes of others!

Comments (24)

• British Council.jpg majestic_moon | Beit Hanoun Prep Girls A School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    15 Dec 2021

1/ Games regulations are the largest number because they target the youth category, and the youth category is the largest percentage in the world 2/ The most interesting thing is Innovation in Iceland because you are doing something very important to the environment and you are turning carbon dioxide into stone and this is very important and very good 3/ The most important thing to talk about is the game regulations, because they target the youth and rob their minds, and this greatly affects society and can spoil it.

Reply to this comment
    1. tom Tom @ Topical Talk
      majestic_moon's comment 15 Dec 2021

And which will have the biggest impact in 2022, majestic_moon?

Reply to this comment
      1. British Council.jpg majestic_moon | Beit Hanoun Prep Girls A School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
        Tom @ Topical Talk's comment 16 Dec 2021

I think innovation in Iceland will have a huge impact on 2022 because it can be advice to get people to invent new things for the climate when people are making these new things there is an interest in the issue of climate change and I think that in 2022 people will be fully aware of the issue of climate

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg appreciative_pear | Shouka Prep Girls School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    15 Dec 2021

I will start the comparison in the news stories and I will start gaming regulations for example the state of China has enacted a law stating that young people can only play video games between nine and eight in the evening on certain days of the week and game companies that do not apply these rules may be punished and this makes China one of the Developed societies and that makes this news story important and now about vaccine passports and some people think that vaccine passports are a bad idea because they think that the passport vaccine will force the unvaccinated to get the vaccine even if you don't for example there is a corona crisis so we have to get vaccinated and get vaccinated To keep our health safe and this makes the news story more important As for innovation in Iceland for example that and the use of technology makes countries more advanced and singing this story is very important

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg compassionate_explanation | Beit Hanoun Prep Girls A School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    15 Dec 2021

Vaccine passports, in my opinion, will be the issue of 2022 due to the spread of a new mutant in the world, and everyone knows that, and the world has learned a lesson from the ancient strains of Corona and is trying not to fall into the same old mistakes so as not to fall into the abyss and the act began to take measures of closure and stone And she hasn't seen his danger yet

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg compassionate_explanation | Beit Hanoun Prep Girls A School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    15 Dec 2021

The title most interesting to me was (Inventions of Iceland).
    It was more exciting to me because it gave us more space to connect with students all over the world, put us in their minds and make us live their reality to see what each student wants to create to bring their country to the fore
    And it was very interesting because it opened the way for us to think outside the box and away from boring logic and worked to activate the imagination and creative thinking in which students are more creative than other fields

Reply to this comment
    15 Dec 2021

I think that the title that we should talk about is (Iceland's inventions) because it brings out the ideas buried in each person. It may be a simple idea in the mind of a student or an ordinary citizen that may solve many problems and provide the state treasury with millions of dollars and work on activating people's minds to think and entertain them to get out of the Boredom logic and thinking outside the box and imaginative thinking and working to achieve it and it is fun and not boring

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg independent_technology | Jabalia Prep Girls A School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    15 Dec 2021

1_ The story affects the most number of people is (Gaming regulations)
    Because it is common for young people to use game lists the most, and the youth category exceeds 60% of the world...!

2_ The story (Vaccine passports) is the most interesting for me Because what occupied my most interest and thoughts is the story of Corona and what will happen to the world and about vaccine passports..!

3_ The story (Democracy in Zambia) will be the most important in 2022 Because the world usually cares and pays attention to the nature of countries, their democracy, their customs and their laws, I think that democracy in Zambia will be one of the most important stories that the world will hear...!

4_ The story (Innovation in Iceland) is the most important to talk about it Because Iceland played a pivotal role in various events such as the French Revolution, the landing on the moon...!
    And I and those around me always wonder why Iceland has such a small town spirit, yet it can sometimes shut down the world.?!

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg aware_painting | Shouka Prep Girls School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    15 Dec 2021

1/ Vaccines have the greatest impact on people around the world about the evidence that many people have received vaccination as a condition for living and traveling 2/ The most important thing is innovation in Iceland to try to reach zero carbon emissions to carbon 3/ The most important thing to talk about is innovation in Iceland because it is important in exploiting opportunities To protect the atmosphere from climate change that threatens humanity 4/ Perhaps what will be the most important in 2022 is the vaccine, because Corona is the disease of the era that threatens our world and humanity and the most feared is its development and the emergence of many new Corona mutations that will become the right and most important thought to control it

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg open_drum | Asmaa Prep School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    16 Dec 2021

Question 1:
    Which of these stories affects the greatest number of people:

I think vaccination passports have an effect on all people, not just a certain class like game regulations, but they call it a passport, which is an indication of how cool this thing is because as the story goes, they keep people from getting in. restaurants or other or even not getting close to anyone, so I think people will take the vaccine against their will and I think it will infect large numbers of people!

As for the answer to the second question:
    Which of these stories is more interesting to you:

I loved the story of Zambia's democracy because it is strong, resolute, and relentless. Mr. Hekma did not surrender despite the beatings and abuse, but was subsequently elected and became president. This shows that giving up, weakness and cowardice do not work, but you must not give up until you achieve your goal!

As for the answer to the third question:
    The most important thing to talk about is
    (Gaming rules):

Why did they not prevent those under the age of 16 from taking their rights like the rest of the youth and others? I think this is a huge mistake. For me, the laws they proposed have caused great harm to young people and others, even children, because they are under 16, which is a big mistake that should be talked about in the forums of the two countries.

The answer to the fourth and final question:
    Which of these stories will be the most important in 2022?
    It is (Zambia democra)
    because I believe that the strength and determination that Hachlema had is greater than we expected because he did not give up and may benefit 2022 when choosing presidents in different regions of the world!

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg pioneering_wilddog | Jabalia Prep Girls A School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    16 Dec 2021

Well, the most interesting and interesting news story for 2021 is technological innovation in Iceland, because it has made a really big impact in the way people think, and made them look forward, andwant to make an innovation that is more effective than the current one.
    As for the most exciting topic for me, it is the regulations of the games, because I am a young man and knowing more about this matter will help me a lot in developing my skills in this field.
    As for the topic that will have the most impact for 2022, technological innovation in Iceland as well, because the start of its impact on people this year means that it will be a focus for you next year.
    As for the topics that we most need to talk about, the vaccine passports, because I do not think that it will suffice for all travelers, and can we force someone to do what they do not want??.

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg imaginative_starfish | Shouka Prep Girls School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    16 Dec 2021

1) Which of these stories affects the most people?
    In my opinion, democracy in Zambia is the largest of people, because democracy means when people have an opinion in ruling their country, meaning the people and the people include all groups, from adults to young people to women to males, meaning that it affects the largest number of people

2) Which of these stories is more interesting to you?
    For me it's the game regulations that are of interest to me because you know, teens, guys and girls are interested in playing

3) Which of these stories will be the most important in 2022?
    I think that vaccination passports are the most important for 2022 because Covid-19 is still present and has begun to spread. I am writing, so we must be careful and commit to wearing a mask and vaccination

4) Which of these stories is the most important to talk about?
    I think that talking about innovation in Iceland because what caught my attention is that 130 countries have announced their desire to achieve net zero emissions by 2050, and also how scientists think about sequestering carbon dioxide and removing it from the atmosphere and storing it safely

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg impartial_lute | Beit Hanoun Prep Girls A School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    16 Dec 2021

I think that (innovation in Iceland) is the one that affects the largest number of people, because virtually every innovation affects the whole world, especially young people, not only affecting a group but also the whole world,
    The interesting thing to talk about is (democracy) but rather its application, as it is a wonderful principle and I hope the world will respect it, as it respects the opinions of others and accepts all differences, and the most important thing in 2022 is (Games Regulations) because we are today on a continuous development in creating different games and regulations. Which will affect 2022 because it targets all age groups
    The most important topic to talk about is (vaccine passports), because it is the modern solution that we face to a modern problem that continues until now.

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg fulfilled_peach | Shouka Prep Girls School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    17 Dec 2021

Question #1 is: Which of these stories affects the most people? In my opinion, democracy in Zambia has become difficult for people to speak out against the government; Because democracy means when people have a say in ruling their country, meaning that people include all groups, whether men and women, except old and young, meaning that they are the largest number of people. Question No. 2: Which of the stories is more interesting for you, for me are the game regulations, so why did they not prevent those under 16 years of age from taking their rights like the rest of the youth and others? I think this is a huge mistake. For me, the laws they proposed have caused great harm to young people and others, even children, because they are under 16, which is a big mistake to talk about in the forums of the two countries.

Reply to this comment
    1. tom Tom @ Topical Talk
      fulfilled_peach's comment 17 Dec 2021

Is it most interesting to you because you disagree with it, or another reason?

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg appreciative_pear | Shouka Prep Girls School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    17 Dec 2021

Question (2)
    Which of these stories is more interesting for you is the story of gaming regulations because in China it is forbidden for those under the age of 18 who cannot play video games and the story of vaccine passports because some people think that it is a bad idea, but this is a huge mistake because taking the vaccine is a good idea because it reduces the virus Corona.

Reply to this comment
    04 Jan 2022

I think that vaccine passports will affect more people because in our world there are many new mutations such as Corona, and the idea of ​​taking the vaccine is good because it stops the spread of mutations and viruses and makes us able to confront any viruses and enhances body protection so it will be more important in 2022

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg genuine_memory | Shouka Prep Girls School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    05 Jan 2022

I chose the game lists because it is one of the most important things to talk about : There is no doubt that electronic games are among the favorite means of entertainment for many children and youth in our time for the year 2022. Accordingly, many video game centers have been established in abundance in Abu DhabiGames have reached an advanced level of tremendous technical development and have become closer to the real world due to simulation and interaction systems and visual, sound and kinetic effects that characterize them. Electronic games have many health problems that affect players, including obesity, laziness, introversion and social problems, such as their lack of participation in the fight against corruption that pervades the world, so they can replace electronic games with traditional games that do not negatively affect children and youth.

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg healthy_antelope | Beit Hanoun Prep Girls A School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    05 Jan 2022

Which of these stories affects the most people?
    Vaccine passports, because since the issue of the virus is a global issue, this measure was taken in most countries, which includes age groups and a larger type of population

Which of these stories is more interesting to you?
    democracy in Zambia where because it is the diplomatic personalities in different countries can intervene to solve the situation,And because I will become an ambassador in the future, I see that I have to present my opinion on these democratic problems in order to gain a leadership personality that can convince the government and the people

Which of these stories will be the most important in 2022?
    Innovation in Iceland because the world has already begun to take action on the environment to advance in reducing carbon emissions before 2030, and this will support countries to do such as this innovation,And we will be a global campaign to raise awareness of the impact of climate change on our income and our business if it goes negatively, and because this innovation and the start of its implementation will make us move forward in building greener and not delay in this step because of the various

Which of these stories is the most important to talk about?
    Games regulations because there is a group of young people who think that the government with these laws infringes their rights with this act, but this is not permissible, this is thinking about the interest and progress of the people and its impact on the scientific level, and because We must correct the individual with the concept of absolute freedom that he believes, as your freedom is limited according to the law in the country

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg excellent_snow | Shouka Prep Girls School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    05 Jan 2022

Game Regulations is the most negative thing I've seen: It causes harm and benefit: Damage: It works on the lack of vision and negatively affects it so that it tries to imitate them. Benefits: Take information and study. Also, most parents think that the regulations of games are a kind of entertainment and entertainment or make them play to get rid of their inconvenience and noise, but they do not know that this poses a great danger to them.

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg champion_forest | Shouka Prep Girls School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    05 Jan 2022

I chose the most surprising and strange topic, which is the regulations of the games because this matter may be for some political and very important, and also it can be a dangerous matter like addiction, and this is very prevalent among people and some of them are useful and supposed to be specific times and also there are in some countries neglect of this matter and there are also rules I liked it in some countries, including that some games allow people over 16 and also the role of parents in preserving their children and monitoring what they play, regardless of age, and also preventing them from playing until midnight, and also the state must monitor unhelpful and dangerous games and their keenness to use technology because some of them use technology The technology is bad and deteriorating, and it is better to monitor international security on these games, and if they are bad, they make them useful and good.

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg appreciative_writer | Khan Younis Prep A Girls School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    05 Jan 2022

The story that contains a number of people is what is related to games because it includes the youth group and about 60% enjoy the most is the climate because it raised controversy, especially what is happening in this world and this climate is bad for the regions. On our right, you must prove that you received the vaccination in order to enjoy the right. The important story to talk about is what concerns the head of the state, as he is the supreme head of the state and rules it. But do the people want this president like our case in Palestine, we suffer from many crises, especially financial crises

Reply to this comment
  • British Council.jpg fulfilled_peach | Shouka Prep Girls School | Occupied Palestinian Territory
    06 Jan 2022

Well, the most interesting news for 2021 is technological innovation in Iceland, because it has made a really big impact in the way people think, made them look forward, and want technology innovation that is more effective than the current technology innovation which is states (On September 9, 2021, the creation of Orca carbon capture plant in
    Iceland is beginning to address this problem. In the factory, fans suck
    carbon dioxide from the air and transferred to another company)

Reply to this comment
  • Cheam Fields logo excellent_solution | Cheam Fields Primary Academy A | United Kingdom
    02 Mar 2022

I think vaccine passports will affect most people because it will give people more freedom than others if you get vaccinated but this could cause controversy because the people who think vaccine is bad will think it’s unfair as the vaccine is a bad thing.The most interesting one for me is innovation in Iceland because they are saving the environment by taking carbon dioxide out of the air which is one of the worst gases and at the moment there is a big call to try and reduce the amount of harmful gases in our air.The most important thing to talk about is innovation in Iceland because we need to start doing something about climate change and our environment and if they do keep doing this there will be lots less carbon dioxide in the air which will really help the fight against climate change.I think vaccine passports will have the biggest impact because they change a lot of the freedoms that we have at the moment during covid and will let people do things that they have missed out on for so long.

Reply to this comment

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!