Is the way our world designed biased against women?
Our expert on this topic, Economist journalist Tamara Gilkes Borr, explains how the safety features in cars are designed to suit male bodies.
What do you think? Are objects designed in a way that it makes it easier for men to use them than women, and therefore biased against women?
Explain your answer to the question, using an example to support your opinion.
- Start your answer with "I think objects ARE/ARE NOT designed to suit men better because..."
- Give an example "For example, ...."
- Explain how it supports your opinion "This supports my opinion because..."
- All research and comments must be in your own words!
- Challenge: can you be open-minded and give a counter-example that shows the other opinion too?