To help you understand how life has changed in Afghanistan over the past twenty years, take a look at this article from the BBC.
The article is quite long - so it might be best to focus on one section at a time. It is ordered into these sections.
- Taliban regain control
- How many people have died since 2001?
- How many have fled the fighting?
- Many girls attending school
- More opportunities for women
- How else has life changed?
- Many still live in poverty
Challenge: Tell us about one number/statistic that you find interesting and explain why it is interesting to you.
Extra challenge: Based on what you have learnt so far, do you think this number will be affected by the Taliban government?
"The number I find most interesting is... because...
I think this number will/will not be affected by the Taliban government because..."