My American Election interview

Featured Image US Election 1

Hi I am unique_tiger and this is my American Election interveiw.

My character's name: Rebecca Davis

Occupation{job}: teacher in a secondary school

How do you feel about tomorrow's election?

I feel nervous as I might not like the president that is elected. But I am also happy because we are going to get a new president as this only happens every 4 years. At the same time I am excited to find the results of who is president of the USA.

Can you explain why people might not vote?

Some people might not vote because they might not be interested in voting. I also think that people might not vote because there are lots of fake news and they probably didn't know what to believe.

How powerful do you think your vote is?

I think that my vote can change something because there are 15 electrol votes in my state.

Least powerful........... X......... Most powerful

Why should people vote tomorrow?

People should vote tomorrow because they might make a difference when it comes to the popular and electoral vote. I also think that people should vote tomorrow because for example in Korea if you don’t vote 3 times your vote will be taken away from you.

How do you feel about the voting system in America?

I think that the voting system in America is confusing because 4 years ago Hilary Clinton won the popular vote and Donald Trump won the electoral vote. However Donald Trump became president.

How did they figure out who was president?

What about the presidency? Would you run for president? Why/why not?

I wouldn’t run for president because being president means you have to be reliable to fix your country’s/states problems. If you don’t do something correctly you will have problems as some people might protest and others might not vote for you as they might not trust you anymore as you might have lied or let them down. They lose faith in your leadership.

Thank you for spending your time to read my interview.

Comments (3)

• Michael-Faraday-logo-250x250.jpg decisive_redcurrant | Michael Faraday School | United Kingdom
    23 Oct 2020

Well done unique_tiger
    It really shows that you've done a lot of research on this topic and that really shows in your final piece
    One of the points that you said in your writing really made me think and say this is true and i agree which was
    THE VOTING SYSTEM
    1) The voting system in america is a very complicated way of voting and If I could change that rule i would you wanna now why well because there is are to type of critical Vote that we need for an American election to work first of the POPULAR VOTES.
    2) Now the popular vote is when the country that the both 2 candidates are in now vote for who they would like to run there country for example me and you are both in Michigan We would let the people of Michigan vote for either one of us.
    2) Now we also have a vote called ELECTORAL VOTES.
    Now these are the votes hate, this is when each state from America would vote who they would love to have as president for the country they want to be president in. Now this is the pivotal part Let say you get most POPULAR VOTE and i get less you still don't win because It all counts on the ELECTORAL VOTES so basically the Popular votes don't counts But lets say I get more ELECTORAL VOTES then you then I will win.
    So i agree with you on that beneficial pints you made there well done unique_tiger keep up your good work

Reply to this comment
    1. Michael-Faraday-logo-250x250.jpg unique_tiger | Michael Faraday School | United Kingdom
      decisive_redcurrant's comment 23 Oct 2020

Thank you for replying to my post decisive_redcurrant.
      I agree with the points you made there.

Reply to this comment

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!