1. Your views are taken into account when making laws and deciding leaders.
2. It's fairer than having one leader who decides everything.
3. It helps protect us from leaders who are blinded by self interest.
4. There is less fighting over who is leader because it is decided by vote.
5. Anyone over 18 is allowed to vote or stand for parliament and therefore represent ordinary people's views.
6. It makes us feel part of one big family because you get to use your own voice and people are happier about decisions that are made (maybe not Brexit!).