Tips for managing and resolving differences of opinion
Attempts to resolve differences of opinion are not always successful, but the following steps may help you manage the conflict in a positive way:
- Good listening, and trying to read the feelings of the other party from his facial expressions and body movements.
- Empathize with the feelings of the other party, avoid judging him, and put yourself in his shoes so that you understand his feelings and thoughts more.
- Mutual respect, avoiding unnecessarily taking a defensive position or exchanging personal judgments or accusations.
- Focus on the current disagreement, and not evoke the past.
- rank your priorities; The resolution of the dispute was presented over winning the debate.
- Choose your battle, don't get caught up in every disagreement you face, and decide to withdraw when necessary.
- Be prepared to forgive and, if any, admit your mistake.
There is no escape from differing points of view, and not everyone can always agree with you, but what is important is your awareness of the cause of the dispute, your decision to engage in discussion and controversy, choosing the most appropriate strategy for you and the situation, and your attempt to maintain the positivity of the dispute, in order to ensure that even if the difference is not resolved, Respect and understanding will continue to exist, and the relationship between the parties will continue, as it was said, “Difference in opinion does not spoil a friendly issue.”