In our club at the end of school we had a dicesion to make: why do we think knife crime has gone up?
We had three choices
-There are fewer police on the streets than there used to be .
-Younger people dont have enough opertunites
-The govnerment are not tough enough on knife crime
I narrowed it down to two so here are my reasons for both for and against
There are fewer police on the streets than they used to be .
For- There has been a massive fall in the police team in the latest years . Over 2000 police men & women have quites the police team i have a couple reasons it might be
- Serving for the police is a tiring job and they have to work long hours.
- Their salarys might hve begun to slip
- They are too busy to handle the pressure
Against- The police force is still huge and overall crime is slipping down which is good.
It might be slipping down beacuse-
- People are realising that what they are doing is wrong.
- They might have a new passion
- Young people are less likely to join a gang
Which nicley brings me on to my next reason.
Young people dont have enough oppertunitys
For- The govnerment dont spend enough money in the familly's who have children living in poverty therefore they are bored and are more likely to join a gang in their local arera i have a few reasons to why the govnerment are not investing in youths
- They need the money to spend on something more important
- They dont want to spend it on something like this where you can easily change the way you act
- They dont really care about gangs and youths they would invest in something more positive and where it would benifit from it most.
Against - I am a child that is not involved in knife crime and i kow a few freinds that have closley avoided knife crim it is possible so i dont get why some people just dont act on their beheviour .
Thanks for reading