AI should not teach students

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

Today for my standpoint, I would like to talk to you about AI or artificial intelligence. As a student who originated from the country Guyana to now being in the United States, I have had multiple experiences with different types of teachers as well as different ways of Education. I feel that the artificial intelligence cannot replace the emotions, the socialization, and the caring that a human teacher can give you. I understand that there are AI programs that might help a student on their individual needs, however, I feel that for my needs a human teacher is best, and that a human teacher will never be replaced by the artificial intelligence capabilities that are now found in today's technology. I also feel that the students may depend on Ai to do the work for them. My school in the United states, uses an Ai named Amira to help with students with their reading disabilities by letting the students read to the AI. I have found that the AI sometimes does not understand other students because of their accent. That is why I belive that AI should not teach students.