Should performance-enhancing-drugs be allowed in olympic games?

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

The Olympic games are very popular. With games there are more uncommon rules but some more universal but one of the most common rules is not to consume performance-enhancing-drugs. That rule is there to make the games fair but what there isn't are games where you're allowed to take them. “THE ENHANCED GAMES”. These games are important because they can show what drugs could do and what they can improve, many drugs do different things and change the people who take them. In these games we can see what drugs will do to our body’s over time. Some players could take an excessive amount of drugs and would also not train off or on their drugs but some players could take a small amount of drugs while training and experiment with the amount of drugs and amount of training needed.

The people who are taking part in these games can be affected, for example the players can get addicted to the drugs that they would take to enhance themselves and even the people who are with the players can get pressured or so curious to take drugs. But it's not the people who are playing the sport, it can also be the people who are spectating the olympic game. They could think that they can take part to participate in to become a player, they could start practising like taking enhancing drugs so they can win the olympic game.

My opinion is that I don't really agree with this idea as I feel like it would be cheating because they are using drugs to enhance their abilities. I strongly believe that drugs should most definitely not be allowed in competitions. Drugs such as EPO ( Erythropoietin) ,which makes you hyperactive, and HGH ( Human Growth Hormone) ,which makes you taller, should not be allowed in competitive games otherwise that would be considered cheating.This has been a debate for not too long but it should definitely be discussed as it is an interesting subject because it could change future competitive games. The players could eventually start to become addicted to their drugs and start to consume more and more for their enjoyment and even the people who are watching them could get the wrong idea and start to also enhance themselves for their daily life.