The Enhanced Games

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

Good Afternoon people of the world,

The topic I am most passionate about is The Enhanced Games. I feel strongly about this as even though I am not so keen on sports, I believe that it is dangerous as it will affect people's health, mindset and future.

I believe it is unfair because Athletes work hard to be able to do the things they do in olympics but the people in the Enhanced Games just have to take some drugs to do things and take all the credit when actually it is the drugs doing all the work. To add to my first point, another thing that makes it unfair is that richer countries will be able to afford more and stronger drugs so they will have an advantage but the poorer countries will be able to buy very little drugs so they would have less of a chance at winning the Enhanced Games.

I have thought deeply about this and have thought about how this can affect different people. For example, a coach may feel stressed as they could decide that they want there athlete to stay in the Olympic but they might think “If he/she/them go and do the Enhanced Games they will be even stronger than everyone else as they are already stronger and if the drugs add to that they will be unbeatable.” But from an athlete's perspective it may anger some of them as they get to show off how good they are when actually it was the drugs putting in the effort and it may make them persuaded to join so they can show what an Olympic winner on drugs can do. Well as the owner of the Enhanced Games would most likely be happy as lots of people will join as it gives people an opportunity at the sports that they do at the Olympics as they may not be capable to do the things that the olympic participants do so the drugs will.

My opinion is that The Enhanced Games are just a waste of money. It is also very dangerous as the participant will consume drugs that may change their lives in the future as it may make you have no control of what you are doing so it leads to stuff such as drunk driving, more consumption of dangerous drugs etc. Some drugs have effects that are not definite such as having your life

shortened, being sick, having blood clots, heart attacks, Cancer in various places etc. This is the end of my Standpoint. Goodbye