This behaviour code will help you to create an open and respectful space to discuss current affairs in the classroom and to stay safe on the Student Hub.
When taking part in Topical Talk in the classroom…
- listen to and respect others at all times
- share your opinions and listen to people with different opinions to you
- only share what you feel comfortable with other people knowing
- treat others fairly and without prejudice or discrimination
- ensure your words are appropriate and not offensive or discriminatory
- tell a teacher or adult if you don’t feel comfortable with a conversation
- make sarcastic, insensitive, or mean comments
- act in a way that can be perceived as threatening or intrusive
- let anyone have your personal contact details including personal social-media handles
- jump to conclusions about others without checking facts
When taking part in Topical Talk on the Student Hub…
Don't share any personal information about yourself online. This includes your:
- home address
- school address
- email address
- contact numbers including your home or mobile number
- parents’ bank or credit card details
If anyone asks for any of this information, tell your teacher or your parents straight away
Don't arrange to meet someone you met online in real life.
Always use your username on the Student Hub and never use your real name.
Challenge arguments, spot assumptions, point out weaknesses but remember to do this respectfully and don’t make insensitive or intentionally mean comments.
Before you post anything, ask yourself if you would mind anyone reading or seeing it.