About this webinar:
This webinar took place on Thursday November 11th 2021. You can watch it on-demand above!
A practical webinar, perfect for teachers who are keen to explore the connection between numbers and news stories.
The news is packed with numbers, so isn't it time we used it to...
- show students how to interpret data to form accurate opinions
- teach them how to spot misleading statistics
- help students practise their Maths?
The Economist Educational Foundation's programme, Topical Talk, is a great place to start. Catch up on this practical webinar where we share flexible activity ideas that encourage numeracy-rich discussions about topical issues.
Plus, we give classroom-ready techniques on how to bring oracy-based activities into maths. Get your students talking beyond the textbook!
This webinar is suitable for:
- Subject specialists in maths - but also anyone interested in teaching numeracy in real-world settings
- Teachers of students age 9+ - we'll be sharing versatile techniques for use across all age groups