black panther :representation and diversity

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

BLACK PANTHER:REPRESENTATION AND DIVERSITY

I want to talk about diversity and representation. This topic is important to me because I want to make everyone feel equal. Representation is when people feel that there is someone who is like them on tv, in movies and in books.

Now I have a question for you to think about. Is diversity important to you? Do you want more movies or books to have diversity and representation?

We need to learn that if we discriminate against people of colour that we are making them feel like they are not in a safe country so make everyone feel equal, everyone has rights . I have a dream that everyone is equal. This quote is from Martin Luther King .

In 2017, only 4% of the main characters in children’s books were black, asian or mixed race but in 2021 it increased to 20%. This is important to me and my friends because we all want to feel represented in books.

My opinion is that diversity is important because you can make people feel happy that there is diversity in movies, books and videos and there are good role models who are like them..