COP27

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

I wanted to focus on this topic to talk about how climate change has affected lots of countries and that the rich countries, which are polluting the Earth which makes it harder for people in poor countries to live, are causing most of this damage. We need to act now! This is important to me because if we don’t change now, we will see more floods ,droughts and more natural disasters (extreme weathers) like that and we probably won’t have a good future.

Because of this, countries like Pakistan are being affected by heavy and devastating floods which have submerged over one third of the country! This leads to kids not being able to go to school which will impact their education. People have lost their homes and their livelihoods.

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres said, “ We need to drastically reduce emissions now - and this is an issue this COP didn’t address”. It is clear he thinks that in COP27 they didn’t reduce emissions and I don’t think that he agrees with them. I think David Attenborough didn’t agree with COP27 either because last year he made a comment about COP26 and the importance of acting now.

I think that climate change has affected lots of countries and that we need to make a change. If we don’t act now, we will have even more problems in the future because there is no planet B so we need to take care of our planet . We need to stop polluting our planet and I believe the rich countries need to repair the damages that they have caused in all the less developed countries. Thankfully, this was an outcome of CO27.

We need to try our best to help our Earth and stop polluting it so we can have a better future.

Help us save lives and work together to have a new , fresh planet and have a new special life.So will you help us and have a good future or keep polluting the Earth and have a bad future?