Appreciative_Meaning's Standpoint On The Global Food Crisis

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

Global-Food-Crisis---Image-6

Hey, Appreciative_Meaning Here & This is my standpoint!

The Global Food Crisis is about scarcity. It is an important topic we need to address and stop because countries worldwide are currently facing this food crisis and people are dying. The Global Food Crisis is not good for the economy, and it's not just humans it is also the animals that are decreasing as well! Also, it states that “ Globally, 822 million people suffer from undernourishment." That's concerning & I feel like we need more people to be educated on The Global Food Crisis because 822 million people is a big amount. The Global Food Crisis is a very important topic.

Next, I feel like we need to aid countries & states that are going through this crisis as well, especially Yemen because it states "The Houthi armed group and other authorities are severely restricting the delivery of desperately needed aid in Yemen". As well as it says that "Despite increased needs, donors slashed funding in June 2020, partly because of the obstruction, forcing aid agencies to cut food, health care, and water and sanitation support to millions of people in need. The parties to Yemen's five-year-long armed conflict should immediately end the obstruction.". If the government and the officials can not I feel like we can through charity & donations. I feel like we need to get this whole GFC needs to be stopped somehow & that we can stop it!

The US produces more than enough food to feed the world, but somehow the GFC is still going on. The people of the United States waste over 100 billion pounds worth of food each year. As stated in "How We Fight Food Waste in the US-Feeding America". "Each year, 108 billion pounds of food is wasted in the United States. That equates to 130 billion meals and more than $408 billion in food thrown away each year. Shockingly, nearly 40% of all food in America is wasted." Based on "Food Waste in America in 2022:Statistics & Facts." its states," the United States discards more food than any other country in the world".Based on those two articles, The US wastes food that starving people can eat.

That’s it & This standpoint is the reason I feel like the Global Food Crisis is an important topic and needs to be stopped & addressed.