Why A.I. should shut down

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

A.I. (which is thought to be a good, fun thing) can be a fun thing to mess around with but sometimes it could be a thief in around two different ways. An example of a good use is that it could be used for fun or for a nice, fun, little game but on the other hand, it could be used in horrible situations such as framing or laziness. Now that I have the main gist of my argument, let’s get into further detail.

In a way, A.I. can be a good thing as people can use it in a way that could be used in a fun way. This could be something like to code a game or it could be used as a laughing machine like if someone generated a funny image. Although A.I can be used for fun and good things, it can also be used in terrible ways. One example of this is that A.I. could be used for frauding your way to wealth. An example of fraud could be noticed in early 2023 when there was a Sony photography competition. The winner (Boris Eldagsen) won the competition but later, he declined his prize and confessed that he used A.I. Luckily, Eldagsen is a generous person and not a fraud but we have to remember that not everybody is like this. And now my second point, framing. There are many websites that can impersonate someone’s voice. This could result in somebody who hates a celebrity to type a racial slur or something offensive and get the artist’s or the celebrity's voice to sound like the celebrity said it although they did not.

These are all the points I have made out of logic. My opinion is that A.I. should be shut down because of the reasons above or if that is considered unnecessary, at least make a subgenre called A.I. art or make an A.I. detector so that people do not feel bad and no cheating can be allowed. Also, maybe take off or never develop A.I. voices or fake messages. (Personal experience). Also, some sci fi movies like the terminator for example show that A.I. in the future could take over and with even Elon Musk himself saying that he is scared and afraid of A.I, it could happen in a couple years time.