COULD SCIENCE BE THE SOLUTION TO CLIMATE CHANGE?

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

A famous quote by Carl Sagan, “We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.”

I start with this quote to call to our notice the fascinating concept of infinite knowledge that science proposes, it's not like any other bordered concept like demand and supply neither is it like the concept of Pythagoras instead science follows a path that moves simultaneously with time, that is, as long as time exists science also does. Science brought about the evolution of man and science is also a necessity for the further evolution of our species. The word "science" was coined from the Latin word "scientia" which means "knowledge", that's why I always go with the opinion that nothing would have ever been discovered without the help of science. Science cuts across practically all professions in existence because all these has to do with knowledge, changing focus from literal meaning of science, we also see that Oxford dictionary defines science as the knowledge about the structure and behavior of the natural and physical world, based on facts that you can prove, for example by experiments. This definition also explains science in a way that it crosses almost every sector that runs our modern world because all these sectors have been built on the foundation of concepts that have been proven through experiments and critical analysis, apart from that, they are also embedded either in the natural or in physical world.

This theory I'm presenting to the world surely opens our mind to the boundless possibilities the human race can accomplish using science. Solving just a little problem could open a chain reaction that will solve a much more bigger problem, science plays the role of a veto power in the human society, you can tag a person who is able to utilize this veto power to bring about more mind blowing discoveries as a scientist. The bitter sweet truth is that one does not need to put on a lab coat and work in a well known lab before he or she can be called a scientist. One lesson I have learnt from this Topical Talk festival is that every single being has the authority to make a decision that could better the world, it all depends on he or she's method of utilizing it, this short but wise statement also reflects in the world of science. After thinking about this statement, I began to strategise what my method be, in this stage I was able to ask my self a very deep question which is "What could a single student like me do to change a world wide problem?", it seemed like I was helpless but then I came up with an idea to use technology to create videos that encourage people to green up and stop neglecting this changes our earth is experiencing. I showed the videos that I made to teachers in my school and in return they showed it to other students. This little action of mine was able to get to over 2000 students, that is how I utilized my science because it was science that led intelligent individuals to create the computer I use in making this videos. This was the little I could do to make my own change to the world but I believe that with help of scientists, my fellow students and the world behind me, we can lead our so dear mother Earth to victory against climate change and global warming.

With the above paragraphs I've written, I would like to ask the world a peculiar question, "COULD SCIENCE BE THE SOLUTION TO CLIMATE CHANGE? ".