Tougher Climate Laws: Should They Be Allowed?

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

Climate change is something that will affect us if it hasn't affected us now it will later.I believe that we all must unite to stop climate change, the biggest thing I believe that would help us is that we have much harder and tougher climate laws. Many people wouldn’t agree with me as they value the global economy much more than the status of the Earth. Apart from that crowd, many people know that climate change would completely destroy the earth and what would be the point of worrying about its economy if in the future you don't even have the Earth. In this essay I will tell you why climate change is important and why it shouldn’t be ignored.

Having tougher climate laws would mean a greener Earth, we could reduce climate change just by driving less, if we take the bus instead of driving our car we would reduce our carbon footprint (The amount of carbon dioxide we produce by using electricity etc.) significantly. “If you really think that the environment is less important than the economy, try holding your breath while you count your money.” This is a perfect quote to show people that instead of caring we should care about the environment! How will you spend your money if you don’t even have a planet to spend it on?

• If we do have tougher climate laws then we might affect a lot of people, many people wouldn’t follow the rules and many people would have their daily routine affected, but it will have a great impact on our future and the future of many generations to come.

• In the end, I am very worried about the future of our beautiful planet. If we keep on letting climate change do its thing then we would destroy our future but just not our but the future of many generations to come. We would lose our homes, family members and many more things if we don’t try to stop climate change. It is said that around 3.6 billion people are vulnerable to climate change, just let that sink in 3.6 billion people that is 50% of the whole population. If we have tougher laws regarding global warming, even for one day every year, slowly but surely we would lower the emissions of carbon dioxide and have a great future for us and the generations to come.