Fabricio Mengotti's Metaverse Standpoint.

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

Festival2-FeaturedImage-Metaverse-Image6

Introduction:

My topic that I have picked is about the metaverse. This topic is about the virtual world and how it could replace the physical world we are living in right now. This is really important because if that happens, the world will be horrible with people who are malnourished and not happy with their lives. The creator of the metaverse is Mark Zuckerberg (the founder of Facebook). My personal opinion on this topic is that I like the concept of having a virtual world to be in, but I also think that there should be a balance so you live more of your life in the real world instead of the virtual world.

Positives & Negatives

Even though the metaverse might be a good addition to our world, there are some positives and negatives to it for sure. These are some of the positives of the metaverse: It can let disabled people who can't go out to shop do the shopping in the metaverse. It can allow people to communicate without leaving their homes. It is a great way to explore things and make new friends. It would allow exploration of space since it is very expensive and dangerous to do in the real world. Now I am going to write about some negatives of the metaverse: There would be some people who couldn't access the metaverse. This could be for multiple reasons, such as not being able to access the internet, becoming sick when being in the metaverse for too long, being a blind person, and most of all, not being able to afford the equipment to enter the metaverse.

Conclusion/My Opinion

My personal opinion on everything to do with this topic is that I think that the metaverse is a great way to communicate with people, but it can also have a lot of bad things happen to it. I would definitely spend a lot of time in the metaverse, and I would absolutely love it. But I also think that I would eventually get tired of it. In conclusion, the metaverse should be fully released with some things held back, such as letting anyone under 13 enter it. An example of this is when an 8-year-old enters the virtual world just to be thrown swear words at him and harassed. That could seriously damage people.