The global food crisis (Standpoint)

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

The current global food crisis is about food scarcity.This topic is very important to me because, a lot of people from different countries are dying from the lack of food they have.The US has more than enough food to feed everyone but, they refuse it give it to people who are dying of starvation.A lot of children get chronic malnutrition because of the lack of nutrience they get.There are countries that are protesting for food,which is the bare minimum.The government keeps refusing to help poor countries even though the government has more than enough supplies to aid them.People in the US waste food noting knowing how inconsiderate tthat is towards people who barely have food at all.

Yemen is going through the most food famine in history.The US have been donating money to Yemen,which is great,But why is Yemen STILL the one country going through the most food scarcity in history?Well thats because some people are still refusing to aid Yemen.Based an article on Yemen, it states,"The Houthi armed group and other authorities are severely restricting the delivery of desperately needed aid in Yemen"and from another article on Yemen it reads,"Despite increased needs, donors slashed funding in June 2020, partly because of the obstruction, forcing aid agencies to cut food, health care, and water and sanitation support to millions of people in need. The parties to Yemen's five-year-long armed conflict should immediately end the obstruction."Yemen's obstruction is because of the conflicts happening between Yemen and Saudi,which doesn't mean you restric giving the basic needs to people who are dying.

In my opinion,Food scarcity isnt something we should just forget about.People dont take this sutiation seriously,especially the people in the US.I think schools should educate the students on how wasting food can have consequences.This isn't just for kids,this goes for adults too.Many people are uneducated on food scarcity.Children are dying from diseases and getting sick from the lack of the food scarce thats been going on in their country.Based on an article on the deaths caused by hunger,it claims,"A child dies from hunger every 10 seconds.Poor nutrition and hunger is responsible for the death of 3.1 million children a year. That's nearly half of all deaths in children under the age of 5. The children die because their bodies lack basic nutrients. Globally, 822 million people suffer from undernourishment."

Food scarcity is a very serious subject.I think people need to be educated more on how dangerous food scarce can be.

Comments (1)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• (The global food crisis. Standpoint#2)
    The current global food crisis is about food scarcity.This topic is very important to me because, a lot of people from different countries are dying from the lack of food they have.Not only are people dying from food scarcity, but animals are too.In accordance to"Kenyan pastoralists helpless as cows die in unending drought",it discuss,"Kenyan pastoralists are losing their herds as the Horn of Africa's worst drought in 40 years leaves pasture desiccated and cows with nothing to eat."It also states that,"In Mandera County in northeastern Kenya, which borders Somalia and Ethiopia, herder Ali Hacho Ali, 56, said all but five of his herd of 70 cows had died."Based on both of those evidence,it clear to see that animals are also being affected by scarcity of food.
    Yemen is going through the most food famine in history.The US have been donating money to Yemen,which is great,But why is Yemen STILL the one country going through the most food scarcity in history?Well that's because some people are still refusing to aid Yemen.Based an article on Yemen, it states,"The Houthi armed group and other authorities are severely restricting the delivery of desperately needed aid in Yemen"The people of yemen are dying and people are still refusing to give them the bare minimum.
    The US produces more than enough food to feed the world, yet people are still starving.Why? Well, the people of the United States waste over 100 billion pounds worth of food each year.According to,"How We Fight Food Waste in the US-Feeding America",it states that,"Each year, 108 billion pounds of food is wasted in the United States. That equates to 130 billion meals and more than $408 billion in food thrown away each year. Shockingly, nearly 40% of all food in America is wasted."Based on "Food Waste in America in 2022:Statistics & Facts." its states," the United States discards more food than any other country in the world".Based on those two articles,it's easy to say that even though the US has enough food to feed everyone,we also waste more food than any other country.It truly is sad that the only people who are capable of helping starving countries,waste all the food the starving people could have had.

In my opinion,This situation is very serious.I think schools should educate the students on how wasting food can have consequences.Children are dying from diseases and getting sick from the food scarce that's been going on in their country..A lot of children get chronic malnutrition because of the lack of nutrients they get.
    Food scarcity is a very serious subject.I think people need to be educated more on how dangerous food scarce can be.