A.I. and the arts and why we should stop developing on it

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

A.I. and the arts is an interesting topic, its about using artificial intelligence to create art or music. However, this topic is important because some people could use it to make some genuinely cool music that is original and creative, but some other shady idiots could be plagiarising/stealing pieces of work that other people have already done and they could cheat in huge competitions using A.I. In this essay, I will be talking about the positives and negatives of the A.I. and the arts, and I will also be giving my own opinions about this topic.

On one hand, A.I. could actually inspire a load of different artists into music or art because of how easy it is to make art however you want. This could lead to some new songs being made with A.I. and making art with A.I. as well. On the other hand, however, there is always some darkness towards it. Mass plagiarism waves could occur and loads of copyright strikes could ensue. For example, Ed Sheeran background music mixed with Coldplay is plagiarism at its finest. Those shady idiots could also cheat in huge competitions such as Eurovision with A.I. For example, there was a German guy who won a photography contest but refused the prize because he cheated using A.I.

In my opinion, I could see most things going wrong with A.I. and the arts, simply because of the amount of plagiarism, copyright, and fraud that could take place. People could copy people's work with A.I., which could lead to copyright infringement and more. People could also cheat contests and use A.I. to do it for them. To stop this, we need to stop working on A.I. in the arts as it may go too far if we continue to its fullest potential.