AI and the arts, is an AI an artist?

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

Firstly what is an AI...

*AI:artificial intelligence is a field, which combines computer science and robust datasets, to enable problem-solving.

How are AI and the arts connected?

Well in the last years this programms are being used for everything, teaching, working, studing, and also doing arts.

That had created a few important debates, is an AI an artist? is a work by an AI considered art?...

There are two points, the people that think that a work by an artificial intelligence is art because everything that shows feelings, opinions, grudge about an unfair situation expressed by music, colours... can be considered art and an artist.

And by the other hand the people that think that an artificial intelligence can't be judged artists. This point is defended by people whose opinion is that only humans can express real feelings and a robot can't do this kind of things.

I don't think any of those points, I think that depending on the person someone can think it is beautiful art and other people can think it is a ridiculous paint.

For example, I went to a museum (El prado, Madrid) and I saw a paint of Goya, I though 'what a scary painting it's so touching', but my friend though that it was a really ugly paint with no transmiting feelings.

I think that is great, everyone have a different opinion about a lot of things and that's why we are here in the Topical Talk Festival, to share our opinions and listens to others completly different to ours.