Earth day and Climate change
Climate changes have become more severe, and they have become a significant danger to all countries, affecting future generations negatively, so the most accurate causes of these changes must be identified and effective solutions must be found.
Reasons for climate change:
_ Burning fossil fuels such as petroleum and coal, which increases the strength of the concentration of warm gases, which are emitted during the burning process for various industrial purposes, the most important of which is energy production.
_ The work of the activities related to paving agricultural areas, in which several materials are used, represented in organic fertilizers and pesticides, which help in the emission of nitrous oxide, which helps in raising temperatures.
_ Breeding countless numbers of livestock whose intestines, during the digestion process, release methane gas, which is a gas that causes climate change.
_ Industry also contributes to this, as man does not stop applying experiments and activities in which he tries to generate energy in order to be able to keep pace with the huge industrial progress, which has become like an industrial revolution.
Moreover, despite all the mistakes made by man, some people in various fields cut down trees and clear forests, to use them in the manufacture of wood and leaves and convert some of them into fodder for animals, which increased the rate of carbon dioxide in the air, because the She is the one who absorbs it from the air.
Therefore, the world must produce solutions to stop this crisis that may work to destroy the earth in the future, so Earth Day has been taken every year as a global day in which man cares about the changes on his planet and taking measures towards it, so what is Earth Day??
On April 22 of each year, the world celebrates Earth Day, which is an annual event that takes place with the aim of increasing societal awareness of environmental issues, and to show support for environmental protection.
What is the purpose of Earth Day??
The goal of celebrating World Earth Day is to preserve the environment from the dangers that threaten the planet, and it was celebrated for the first time in 1970, when 20 million people took to the streets to protest environmental degradation, and this event began due to the oil spill in Santa Barbara in 1969, in addition to other issues such as fog and polluted rivers.
The main goal of Earth Day is to build the largest environmental movement in the world to bring about transformative change for the planet and people. It is also possible that this movement aims to diversify, educate and revitalize the environmental movement around the world and eliminate the problem of climate change, not just mitigate it.
In conclusion, we have concluded that all countries must solve the problem seriously and quickly, and the need to direct people on how to deal with the causes of climate change, and how we can benefit from Earth Day in solving this problem.
We can benefit from Earth Day by raising awareness about climate change and taking action to reduce our carbon footprint. This can include making changes to our daily habits, such as using public transportation or biking instead of driving, reducing our energy consumption, and supporting policies and initiatives that promote sustainability and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Additionally, we can participate in Earth Day events and activities, such as tree planting, clean-up efforts, and educational workshops, to learn more about the impact of climate change and how we can work together to address it.
1. Support renewable energy: Investing in renewable energy sources like solar, wind, and hydro power can reduce our reliance on fossil fuels and help to mitigate climate change.
2. Reduce food waste: Food waste generates methane, a potent greenhouse gas. By reducing food waste, we can cut down on methane emissions and help to reduce our carbon footprint.
3. Plant trees: Trees absorb carbon dioxide and other pollutants from the air, making them an important tool in the fight against climate change. Planting trees is a simple and effective way to help reduce our carbon footprint.
4. Support climate-friendly policies: By supporting policies that promote sustainability, such as carbon taxes and renewable energy subsidies, we can help to create a more sustainable and just society.
5. Educate others: Raising awareness about climate change and its impacts is key to spurring action and creating change. We can educate others by sharing information, participating in Earth Day events, and engaging in discussions about climate change with friends and family.. that is my point of view