Why Equality Is Unfair

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

Equality has many different sections. One section is misunderstood; nepotism, which is favouritism based on kinship. This topic is important to me because, I find it so unequal that people are studying so much to get these important jobs that take lots of effort and, then they're just given to the CEO's child ,which in most cases is uneducated and doesn't understand the job. (They get free bragging rights.) I believe nepotism isn't negative as long as the person earning the job has at least put half of the effort of learning as a normal student has.

One story that caught my attention is "Trump nepotism attacked after 'out-of-her-depth' Ivanaka given key summit role". This news story is about how Trump has been accused of taking nepotism to alarming new depths after giving his daughter,Ivanka, a prominent (important and famous) role in meetings with the G20 and Kim Jong-un. A little background info. At this time Ivanka had graduated from a business school and become an entrepreneur. The G20 is the premier forum for international economic cooperation. I can see an issue can you? You have a person who can run a business in an economical meeting trying to sort out climate change. This proves my point of uneducated people getting the job due to familial bonds, which is kinship. Trump is one perspective which shows the negative side of nepotism. Another perspective which shows the positive is John Maxfield, a writer for The Motley Fool, believes not all nepotism at public companies is beyond the pale, but that hiring practices must pass two tests. For one thing, he said, "Companies must not substitute familial bonds for otherwise necessary expertise or qualifications." In other words, the person you're hiring needs to have the skills for the job, regardless of whether she's the chief executive's niece or not. Also, Maxfield said, pay should be appropriate for the job being done. Companies shouldn't pad the pockets of the executive's family at the expense of shareholders.

In my opinion, I agree with John Maxfield but I especially agree with the fact the person you're hiring needs to have skills regardless of who they are. Which is exactly the way I would get rid of this unequal nepotism. I also think it is not fair like others for example 1/6 of students go into business and from that 1/6 only about 100 have a chance at becoming a CEO or entrepreneur. Imagine you apply for a job for it to be given to the current CEO's son. You would be angry at the equality because you don't get to choose the family you are born into.