Metaverse, Should It Be Ruled?

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

Should the metaverse be ruled? One of many peoples questions. If yes, who should rule it? You're in luck because we will be covering this through today as it's a very controversial question which has been flourishing through social media and checking other people's ideas (With credit and other peoples comments) to build up my thoughts about the metaverse with its cons starting with my ideas. I think it should be ruled as it could become a very dangerous atmosphere and environment to for example, the government “How come?” The possibilities are endless as there could be terrorism in a way that could leak government files (Which may not make too much sense) without knowing who the user was and meetings are easier. Another statement is the risk of cyber security which could be easier for hackers to exploit, and the risk of identity theft and fraud that could give a huge risk to the user as hackers could get advanced over time and the metaverse could help them. Another one is for minors as grooming could be more easier and serious which could bring more of a risk, same as Cyber bullying and kids mental health as cyber bullying will feel more real just like in person. Cons that a user from reddit has said (identity Unknown):One example of these challenges is privacy and security concerns. As more people engage in the Metaverse, there will be a significant amount of personal data generated, which could be exploited by cybercriminals. It's up to businesses and individuals to ensure that they implement robust security measures to protect themselves. Another Reddit user has said (Identity Unknown): Another challenge is accessibility. Although the Metaverse provides opportunities for people worldwide, not everyone has access to the technology required to participate fully. Therefore, it's important to ensure that we provide equal access to everyone, regardless of their location or financial status.. Those are cons and my and another user's ideas, now let's hear pros from other people. comfortable_fly said: The Metaverse has the potential to revolutionise how we do business, interact with others, and experience the world around us. However, it also brings challenges that need to be addressed. I think it should be ruled for many peoples safety as it could get risky for example: FBI and the Matrix and cyber security teams to make sure to give people equal safety, Goodbye.