Mobile in the World of Metaverse

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

Festival2-FeaturedImage-Metaverse-Image2

The topic that inspired me the most is the topic of the virtual world. I chose this topic because I noticed the change in the world and that everything is no longer the same.
As the years passed, the world developed and its ideas, tools, and machines developed, so the world became, as they say, a small village as phones are easy for us to do lots of things. This does not mean that phones are very good in all respects, but rather they have a lot of negative aspects.
From my point of view, smart phones and devices should be monitored by the state, the government, and parents as well because phones are a wide-ranging gateway to the virtual world. It is also preferred not to give phones to children under the age of 17, and if parents are obliged to give them the phone for remote learning and educational purposes, they should not own a special device. A specific time should be set for the use of mobile phone.
The virtual world is a wide-ranging, highly dangerous world that has surpassed all perceptions of the world in a significant way. Now everyone, young and old, men and women, has an account on social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok. For example, my sister, who is no more than 12 years old, has an account on Instagram, and her followers number is more than 3,000.
The virtual world, as they say, is a double-edged sword that has advantages and disadvantages.
Some of its benefits:
1. Many students use it to understand their lessons
For example, yesterday, I did not understand the mathematics class, so I went to YouTube, searched for the lesson, watched a video on the topic, understood the lesson, and scored the full mark.

2. Poll, reading books for example, I live in a neighborhood where there are no libraries and the nearest library is about two hours from the house, but I love reading and getting to know new facts and vocabulary, and I found the solution to my problem as I downloaded a program to download books, and now I have read 54 books through the application.

Some damage
1. Takes time and mind away from studying
For example, my brother was 13 years old. He was always the first in his school, so my father brought him a mobile phone, but my brother could not organize his time between studying, worshiping, and the phone, so he did not get a good average this year.
2. People meet new friends and can't tell if they're good or bad
Last year, I met a girl from another country through the Instagram application, and she became my best friend, but I did not know that she was sending my pictures and our personal conversations to her other friends.

Comments (2)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!