Artificial Intelligence in Society

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

Artificial Intelligence in Society

AI is a controversial invention, many people thinking it will doom humanity. I strongly believe that AI is a greener and useful tool. However, it can develop dangerous and harmful malfunctions or bugs. Around 14% of adults reported that they think there are more benefits than risks. 43% reported they think there are equal benefits and risks. 28% reported they think there are more risks than benefits. I have mixed feelings about AI, as well as a multitude of people. I see more good than bad in artificial intelligence, examples being reducing human error and automation. I am now going to discuss the pros and cons of this clever invention.

I am convinced that artificial intelligence is prominent to artists as it can generate images swiftly and edit them. AI is smart, managing to promptly solve problems, revolutionising human experience. AI drives down the time taken to perform a task. It enables multi-tasking and eases the workload for existing resources. AI enables the execution of formerly complex tasks without significant cost outlays. Artificial intelligence powered robots are adept in doing regular tasks, for example paint jobs and factory assignments.

On the other hand, AI is driving us all into poverty as they take over more and more jobs, companies and even schools. AI algorithms are programmed using vast amounts of data, which may contain inherent biases from historical human decisions. Consequently, AI systems can perpetuate gender, racial, or socioeconomic biases, leading to discriminatory outcomes in areas such as hiring, lending, and criminal justice.

Overall, I appreciate AI and its pros and cons. I think that it is a very valuable tool to modern society, seeing it ought not injure anyone. Thank you.