Will AI be a help or a hindrance?

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

I strongly believe that AI will be a massive hindrance to us in the future for numerous reasons. Firstly, as AI is gaining more knowledge and power, jobs will slowly be taken from humans, therefore; AI will be given more work. This means that our economy will plumet significantly. For example, things like mortgage prices are constantly increasing, so houses will be less accessible, less affordable then ever before. Therefore, we need to think of the negative impacts of AI on a wider scale, as it will benefit us as a society in the future.

Secondly, AI is a colossal hindrance due to the fact that there is a plethora of fake news articles circulating the media. Fake news could cause rifts between people, cause violent protests, or even cause a war! Fake news could also cause a person tremendous amounts of mental health issues. This could be an article about something traumatic, that affects people hugely.

On the contrary, some people may feel that AI could benefit our society. Undoubtedly, AI assists those with social anxiety in profound ways. An example of this is in places like MacDonalds, who offer a touch screen service for people to order their food on. This saves people with social anxiety feeling awkward and nervous when purchasing food. Moving on, labour jobs could be replaced by AI. This limits the amount of danger that humans are facing day in, day out.

Lastly, I feel that AI should be heavily restricted, as we are developing through time. I think that AI should be monitored by the government, so that it is used in the correct ways. If the government guarantee their help, I believe AI does have the ability to succeed