If prisons aren’t fit for purpose,then prisoners should be set free.

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

If prisons aren’t fit for purpose,then prisoners should be set free.

Introduction

I will be sharing my standpoint on prisons.This is an important topic because Jose AdoIfo Macias Villamar , better known as “Fito” , escaped from his cell on January 7th 2024,in Ecuador.

For

Some people might agree with this statement because prisoners won’t learn how to be reformative if justice won’t be achieved and people won’t be safe. Prisoners can get in or out whenever they want and that is not how prisons work. Prisons have to be secure.

Against

Alternatively, others may disagree with this statement because the police can move the prisoner to another prison that is fit for purpose. Furthermore,they have not learned their lesson and they might do it again but even worse. Without prisons , nothing would be safe for anyone and that is not good.

My Opinion

In my opinion, I agree with this statement because they should check if the jail is fit for purpose and if they don’t justice won’t be achieved like it should be.

In the future,I believe that builders should build stronger prisons so prisoners can learn a real lesson.