Dr Kenny Harris answers your questions!

Acknowledged by Forbes Magazine as one of the world’s youngest and most impactful individuals in the field of science, Kenny leads projects of critical national and international importance. For example, he is responsible for protecting satellites from physical and cyber threats.Kenny has worked with NASA since he was 16 years old and now champions the importance of getting young people involved with science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) as early as possible.

Thank you to those of you who submitted questions for Dr Kenny. There were lots to choose from, but here are the questions he answered:

enigmatic_imagination:do you believe that the billions being used on space exploration is well spent, rather than it being used on the economic problems we have here on Earth? If so, why?

contemplative_signature: how were you encouraged to participate and work in NASA to emphasise the importance of getting young people involved with STEM?

quickwitted_tamarind: what problems did you face on your career path and how did you stay focused when these times came? Secondly, How has technology changed over time in your current job?

calm_starfish: if I read one book about space in my life, which one would you recommend?

Well done to enigmatic_imagination, contemplative_signature, quickwitted_tamarind and calm_starfish who have each been awarded 3 stars for their questions!

Comments (6)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• I like the book you suggested! It sounds inspiring.

• Thank you, Dr. Kenneth, for answering all the questions so beautifully. You have inspired us by telling us why it is important to be in the right company to succeed. And most importantly recommending some amazing books to read.

• Thank you, Dr. Kenny Harris, for your answers to the questions Mr. Kenny Harris, I learned a lot from you I admire your achievements and what you have reached. You are a wonderful and successful person who has achieved what no one could do at the age of sixteen. You are an example for anyone who is ambitious to achieve goals at such a young age. Mr. Kenneth Harris, you have encouraged me to take on the challenges I am facing to reach my goal and strive to achieve my ambitions. And you were a great example for me to follow. I learned from you that age is no limit to ambition and achievement, and I must have a purpose in life. And I learned from youPerseverance and diligence, and perseverance achieves the impossible, no matter how old I am. And I learned patience, seriousness and diligence from you, because successful people do not become like this overnight, and my determination to reach my goal and achieve my dream at this age of my life increased. And I want to be like you, a special, successful person who changed my life. From now on, I will use every moment of my life to make my dreams come true, despite all the circumstances and challenges. And you taught me that without a goal, a person is meaningless. This encouraged me that success is very possible and can be achieved by anyone who wants it .

• Thank you, Doctor, for your generosity in answering many of the questions that were asked.
    Where you inspired me that human life is not limited to study, but needs research and discussion with those who went through experiences before us and benefited from them.
    And I found something from you that proved to me that age is just a number, not a barrier that stands in the way of creativity and excellence. Perhaps one day I will meet you and mention this article, so thank you.

• Thank you, Mr. Kenny Harris Thanks for your answers to the questions. I admire your accomplishments and where you are. You are a wonderful, successful person who has achieved what no one else could at the age of sixteen You are an example for anyone who is ambitious to achieve goals at such a young age. What proplems did you face on your career path, and how did you maintain focused When these times came? And how has technology changed over time in your current job? I liked your answers to this question, Doctor. I liked your answer and learned from it that no matter how hard and taking it isMore time and the difficulty of learning it on me I keep my focus. And not to feel ashamed, especially if I need additional help, and it is not a shame to ask for help. That no matter how difficult it is and take more time Mr. Kennee Harris, you have encouraged me to take on the challenges I face to reach my goal and to pursue my ambitions. And you were a great example for me to follow. I learned from you that age is no limit to ambition and achievement, and I must have a purpose in life. And I learned perseverance and diligence from you, and perseverance achieves the impossible. And I learned patience and seriousness from youAnd diligence, because successful people do not become like this overnight, and my determination to reach my goal and achieve my dream increased. And I want to be like you, the special and successful person who changed my life. From now on, I will use every moment of my life to make my dreams come true, despite all the circumstances and challenges. And you taught me that without a goal, a person is meaningless. This encouraged me that success is very possible and can be achieved by anyone who wants it.

• I made sure from Dr. Kenneth that every person has difficulties and challenges at the beginning of his path and work, but you want someone to challenge them and continue his path because he was shy at first, but he continued and here he is an expert