The Earth is on fire

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

For my Standpoint i'm going to be talking about the Earth. The definition of Earth is the planet on which we live on. We need to keep our world safe and this is what I will be talking about today.

The Earth is on fire is my title in my opinion that is a way to describe our earth this day in age. I think this title means that the earth is slowly burning up because of climate change and eventually when the fire burns out the earth will aswell and there will be nothing left for humans.

Gretta Thunberg is a massive role model for younger views and people my age to talk about climate change. She is an inspiration to people who want to speak out about climate change and be involved in this global problem. I'm telling you there is hope. I have seen it, but it does not come from the governments or corporations. It comes from the people. This is one of her quotes and is very true. Some people need to do more for our world to have a real life when the younger generation grows up.

Climate change has affected the world massively and is a major factor of our lives as we grow up but if people don't do something about it we won't have a proper life or our children that we why need to act fast and do something about it now. By 2030, almost all countries will experience “extreme hot” weather every other year due mainly to greenhouse gas pollution by a lot of big emitters, this statistic is scary and people need to help for this not to happen. The earth would become warmer in 100 years, the average temperature will increase. There will be several new weather patterns and the sea levels will rise. Eventually humans would die out. If the population continues to decline, all birds that depend on insect for food will become extinct.

This is why I believe that tougher climate laws are needed, although we won't feel the effects our children and the generation of the future will. This is why I think there should be fines put onto people if they neglect the planet. They have gotten to use and abuse our planet..why shouldn't they be punished?

Comments (1)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• I completely agree with you! It's so important that we take action now to protect our planet for future generations. It's not fair that our children and grandchildren will have to suffer the consequences of our actions if we don't make changes now.

Fines for neglecting the planet is a great idea because it holds people accountable for their actions. If everyone takes responsibility for their own impact on the environment, we can make a real difference in slowing down climate change and protecting our world.

We need to remember that we're all connected to the planet, and every little action we take can make a difference. So let's do our part to protect our home and ensure that birds, insects and other species continue to thrive alongside us.