WHAT ACTION CAN WE TAKE AGAINST THOSE WHO MAKE PROFIT FROM THE DECLINE OF THE EARTH?

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

Festival2-FeaturedImage-EarthDay-Image3

Hello....

As we know, we celebrate Earth Day to protect the planet from things like pollution and deforestation. But, due to constant human activity, which is causing environmental degradation, which is the deterioration of the environment through depletion of resources such as air, water and soil; the destruction of ecosystems; habitat destruction; the extinction of wildlife; and pollution, it looks like an endless cycle. Our earth can only continue to sustain us if we protect its biodiversity: the individual, yet interconnected chain of plant and animal species that hold our world together. Every life form, however tiny, is essential to the whole. Our planet – the only home we have – is at breaking point. Two thirds of our earth’s oceans and three quarters of its land have been damaged by humans. One million species could vanish by 2050 – accelerating the global extinction rate potentially hundreds of times faster than over the last 10 million years. I feel that if those who harm the planet are not taken care of, all what we do are just having no effect. Most people also feel this way while some people might see this as something that is trying to ruin them, which I consider a wrong attitude. If I could meet them, I could have made them sit down and think of what they are doing all in the name of making money, because of they continue on their path of destruction, there will soon not be an earth. I will like to hear your responses on how you feel about this topic.

THANK YOU.

Comments (2)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• I believe we should impose stricter regulations against companies and individuals engaging in environmentally harmful activities, provide incentives for companies and individuals to adopt sustainable practices, invest in renewable energy sources to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels, and educate the public about how their actions affect the environment. .Furthermore, governments must work together at the national and international levels to develop policies that promote responsible environmental stewardship while at the same time ensuring economic growth. As professionals in our fields, it is imperative that we defend these measures and hold those who prioritize profits on the planet accountable for their actions .

• As a result of land degradation and climate change, droughts are becoming more severe and more frequent, along with floods and extreme temperatures. More than 50 percent of agricultural land is subject to moderate or severe degradation, with 12 million hectares of productive land being lost each year.” He stressed that without a long-term solution, desertification and land degradation will not only affect the food supply but also Increasing migration and threatening the stability of many countries and regions.” Therefore, world leaders have made land degradation neutrality one of the goals of the Sustainable Development Goals. This means restoring at least 12 million hectares of degraded land annually.