Is the metaverse better than the real world?

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

Festival2-FeaturedImage-Metaverse-Image3

The Metaverse has been proven to be pretty useful for many people. In terms of hanging out with people, exploring the world, play games, attend events, and even finish school in the metaverse. But is it really that helpful as people say it is? My name is jubilant_wildcat and I am from the school "Elite Scholars Academy". The metaverse and been created for many purposes, but are they needed? In the metaverse many people can go to school and other things aswell but do we really need the metaverse to do those things? Why not travel to where you want to go so you can actually experience the thrill and the food and etc. We may be able to go to school in the metaverse but what if you need help with a certain subject and the teacher or instructor is not avalible to help you in anyway possible. That is why I think the metaverse should be less used so people can get the help they need. Although people would say that it is better for us to have the metaverse for people having surguries, I also agree with that statement but other than maybe the metaverse shouldn't have been used for public use. That is what I think about the Metaverse.

Comments (4)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• For now, the metaverse is a great way to interact with people and experience things that you would not be able to experience in real life. However, it is still too early to tell if the metaverse can truly replace real life. Only time will tell.

1. To be honest, I don't think that the Metaverse should ever replace real life. We need to live in reality, and not waste ourselves living in a world where it can be hard to determine what is real and what is not. We should enjoy real experiences. What do you think?

• I agree with you jubilant_wildcat. I think that the metaverse is a cool way to experience things, but we need to remember that we, humans, people, created this new world based on the beauty and the thrill of the world around us. Life is wonderful. There is so much that the world has to offer us; sights, places, experiences, all exhilarating our senses.

I understand that the Metaverse is a great way to see and learn about things that you might not have been able to see, or learn about. However, people can get so consumed in that virtual world that they really do miss out on real life. I think that we should live in the moment. Enjoy real life! And learn how to use the metaverse in a positive way. 😊

• A metaverse can have many iterations. It is a virtual world that can be explored using different avenues, such as your computer, wearable technology, or mobile. It's an immersive virtual world where you're free to interact with other people using avatars. It should also have persistence. Metaverses are virtual worlds that are open to everyone, where you can meet with friends, explore new worlds, and play games. Users can also create their own spaces within the metaverse, which they can then populate with objects or other people. Researchers also have found some potential risks involved in the metaverse implementation. The chances of addiction the VR/AR devices could separate people from their real-world at a large scale. The stimulation of the 3D virtual world could easily make real-life unsatisfying in comparison. For now, the metaverse is a great way to interact with people and experience things that you would not be able to experience in real life. However, it is still too early to tell if the metaverse can truly replace real life. Only time will tell.

• The metaverse is not better than the real world because, first stuff that happens in the metaverse will not feel as alive as it would feel in the real world. Second, the metaverse is still online so you need the internet to join the metaverse which makes it not accessible to everyone. Third and last of all, The metaverse will be very expensive which also makes it not accessible to everyone and will make people think that it would not be worst to buy the metaverse.