So, you’ve chosen your topic and created your Standpoints. That means you’re almost ready to enter the competition!
Standpoints must be submitted before Monday 22nd May.
Check your work one last time against these success criteria to make sure it’s ready to go. Remember, we are looking for high-quality entries, so take your time. We advise that you ask a friend to check your work for you too.
Is your message clear?
- Have you summarised the topic you’ve chosen?
- Have you used appropriate language?
- Have you made your points in a logical order
- Have you explained your points within 400 words (writing) or two minutes (audio or video)?
Have you shared your opinion?
- Have you evaluated more than one perspective?
- Have you used facts and examples to support your opinion?
- If you’ve mentioned a problem, have you suggested possible solutions?
Have you checked your work?
- Does everything make sense?
- Are your facts reliable?
- Have you made it clear what’s fact and what’s your opinion?
Standpoints that do not meet the success criteria may not be accepted.
Once you’re sure that it’s your best work, enter your Standpoint into our competition by following the steps in this video:
Come back here and let us know how you felt about making a Standpoint. For example, did you enjoy sharing your opinion? Were there any things that you found hard? Or was there a part of your Standpoint that you’re particularly proud of? We can't wait to see your work.