Eco Anxiety

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

ECO ANXIETY

I am writing about eco anxiety. You may be wondering, what is eco anxiety? Eco anxiety is when people get scared, terrified, and anxious about climate change. Furthermore, eco anxiety leads to symptoms such as panic attacks, loss of appetite, weakness and sleeplessness.

Eco anxiety is important to me because it has been increasing and growing amongst loads of people, 65% of people are worried and 25% are very worried. Eco anxiety is causing long lasting damage to mostly children and I think we have to do something about this.

Eco anxiety is a huge problem but some say it can be positive. For example, some people with eco anxiety are brave by doing small actions to make a difference and fight against climate change. Eco anxiety could also be negative because some people are terrified and don’t know what's going to happen to the world next.

Overall, I think eco anxiety is affecting many people and we could all encourage each other to take action. We should help each other by doing small actions to stop climate change by using less hot water, recycling more, saving energy at home and picking up litter. If we all did these small actions it would make a big difference, It would stop climate change and make less people feel worried.