My Eco-anxiety standpoint

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

Eco-anxiety is a rising issue in this present society, as people are scared of climate change and at the point where they don't want to go outside. I really want people to know the positives and negatives of this pressing issue. So I really want to start prioritising people's mental health and the planet’s.

When you say Eco-anxiety you may know that it is bad but it is affecting people who are willing to rise up and trying to stop the cause and making the planet a better place and stopping their stress. Other people are cleaning parks and beaches because of their fears. Even the government are joining in by creating stricter climate laws.

Still people are scared and unmotivated to do anything, they don't want to eat and neither go outside. People are having panic attacks and losing appetites and weakening. As 65% are worried about climate change and 25% (one in four) alarmed or frightened.

In conclusion, we need to make a change quickly before people don't want to live in this world anymore. Doing this would affect people and the planet by making a change and stopping the pollution. So people should get up and make switches in their life and change the world.