MIgrants Positive or Negative

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

Migrants:

Migrants are coming into our country every day and it doesn’t seem to ever stop. It is becoming a pressing issue that requires action. I firmly believe that we should place rules on migrants to prevent overpopulation. I chose this topic as it is taken severely lightly by people. There are many reasons why letting legal or illegal migrants enter the country is dangerous. There are also countless good qualities they bring into the country. One of the bad ones is overpopulation which I personally worry about most. Our taxes are also going towards migrants. Some may argue that my point of view is not showing any empathy towards migrants. If there isn’t a law to prevent the numbers of migrants entering the country it could cause long term consequences. In my standpoint I'll be presenting the positives and negatives to migrants and conclude with the importance of a suitable population.

No matter the dangers that migrants possess they also bring a handful of positives into any country. People from different countries could add more culture into any state or country. They could also help bring a new perspective in science to improve our understanding and theirs. To add to that they bring a wide variety of jobs to the country. More people could serve our country and companies could blossom faster. If a country didn’t have enough people they could help bring the population up. Migrants bring some good positives to the country and help us a lot.

However, migrants can bring life threatening negatives everywhere they go. Some poor countries can have worse sanitation and diseases. Before our outstanding scientists come up with an antidote thousands of people could fall victim to it. It could severely bring the population down and could end up with long term consequences. Instead of taxes going into improving schools or holes in the roads it's going into housing migrants. Tax payers and one day us children have a responsibility to pay tax but it's not going to the country.

My opinion of migrants is odd but I will stand by it. I think that the rule Joe Bidan tried to pass is fair as sometimes too many migrants could try to enter the country. We could even out the people coming into each country as a cause of migrants. To conclude I think that migrants bring a range of positives and negatives. They are not all bad being a migrant myself. I just

Comments (1)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Thank you for your Standpoint! Well done for considering different viewpoints.

I wanted to clarify that migrant workers also pay taxes. I'd also like to point out that people going on holiday or away for work could become ill in other countries too. Your argument about travelling disease could be seen as quite extreme.