"If prisons aren't fit for purpose, then prisoners should be set free

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

‘if prisons aren’t fit for purpose, then prisoners should be set free.’’

I will be sharing my standpoint on prisons. This is an important topic because it teaches us about Fito and prisons. As we know he is a leader of a gang and escaped from prison on January 7th 2024.

Some people might agree with this statement because if they don’t get the punishment they deserve, what is the purpose of prison?In addition they won’t learn from their mistakes . They aren’t being taught well and will do it over and over again. In Ecuador prisons are comfortable but they should be reformative and secure. They need the punishment they deserve.Therefore prisons should be safe and not comfortable because if it is comfortable it will be like a treat.

Alternatively,others may disagree with this statement because prisoners are dangerous and should not be set free as they can harm other human beings. They can be hurtful to people and crimes will raise and injure people. This means that it is dangerous.

In my opinion they should be set free because if they can escape what’s the point of prisons if the prisoners can just escape. It is not fair that he can escape but his fellow prisoners can not escape what is the purpose of prisons . Jose Aldofo Macias Villamar,known as Fito, had devices in prison. What is the point of prisons if you can just escape. Prisons need to be reformative,safe and secure.