#15 - Will, Might, Won't!

20 December 2019

Reasoning for competitions

Winners Announced

Thank you for all the brilliant entries, even in the last week of term!

Stars were awarded for entries that gave a WILL, MIGHT and WON'T and backed up with reasons.

Our Primary winner is lovely_construction of St. Mary's Catholic Primary School. They used good evidence to support their points and gave three well-explained reasons.

Our Secondary winner is lovable_writer from Graveney School. They had a running theme of human nature and people's reactions in their reasons. They used thoughtful reflections to support their ideas. Well done!

As we near the end of this Issue, here's a challenge which needs your skills of prediction, as well as reasoning and open-mindedness.

A lot of discussion about space is about the FUTURE, and how space exploration will develop and progress as time goes on.

Out of all the things you have heard, read, watched or thought about the future of space...

What do you think WILL happen and why? So what are you as certain as can be about?

What do you think MIGHT happen and why are you unsure? So what is a possibility but you're not completely sure it will?

What do you think WON'T happen, and why not? So what's definitely not going to happen (as sure as you can be!)

Remember to give your reasons - these are just as important as saying what you think!

Competition entries closed at 10.30am on Friday 20th December. Good luck!

Comments (88)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Here's an example writing frame:

Something I think WILL happen is.... because....
    Something I think MIGHT happen is.... because....
    Something I think WON'T happen is.... because....

1. I think space exploration is heading in the right direction. We eventually WILL settle on Mars in the distant future as we are already pursuing that goal, and when you try you can.
      It is very unlikely that space tourism will take off in the near future because of the price, availability and risk of death. I think this because only billionaires will be able to afford it and it will be very likely that space travel will be limited addition. For the few, not the many! We can never say something will never happen as we cannot see the future but based on what we currently see in space exploration progress, it is not very likely at all that we will be a galactic civilisation in the distant future. Another thing that will never happen, is the Dyson sphere. It is impractical and way off what we can currently do. To build it we will have go to extreme lengths.

2. I think that the world is expanding and we will end up with a black hole. As well as that , the government might spend more money on space exploration but I don’t think it is worth the cost . Space won't become a place where people stay there for a while.

3. I think that our settling onto Mars will happen; global warming is taking a turn for the worse. I support my opinion with the increase in forest fires in places like California. Not to mention that sea levels are rising and cities or places are being submerged underwater such as places like Pavlopetri, Greece.

I think what might happen is that Trump's Space Force as there have been many crimes have been going on in Space! For example, when Anne McClain was accused of theft while she was in Space! However, there weren't any police to arrest her or a Judge settle the crime. On the other hand, there has only been a minuscule amount of crimes that have been perpetrated in Space, so the police officers would be bored for most of the time. Not to mention how expensive it would be to send a whole team of people into space.

I think the chance of us finding aliens is vague; we may have discovered water on Mars but it could've naturally developed there. Not to mention that there has been a wide range of space crafts we have sent into orbit. They have either failed, adding onto a large amount of space junk already in orbit or they have either came back with useless information.

Thank you for reading.

• Something I think that will happen is Space Pollution continuing for at least a year. This is because problems are not normally quickly resolved by the Government. Problems like Climate Change (Which endangers lives) are not being solved by Government in a year or less. Space Pollution stands as a new recognition and will take a long time to be solved.
    Something I think might happen is humans landing on Mars. This is because plans to land there have been put forward, and with new technology being created humans could make the journey.
    Something I think won't happen is people discovering the end of the universe. This is because humans have travelled little distance from Earth and to reach a distance from so far away before the universe burns is very unlikely.

1. I understand that the government aren’t really doing anything to stop climate change but how does climate change on earth affect pollution in space

1. It doesn’t. I only used Climate Change as an example of the time needed to solve problems.

• Something I think WILL happen is they will send a robot into space, because I have heard a lot about a robot being built to go to space.
    Something I think MIGHT happen is they might send another person on the moon because there has been a huge gap between the last time someone was on the moon.
    Something I think WON'T happen is the same amount of people will watch something about space as the 1969 moon landing because it was the first moon landing.

1. I agree with your last statement but just because it isn’t the first one that took place it doesn’t necessarily mean that it won’t be an amazing experience and it won’t have an equivalent amount of viewers watching the event than it did in 1969

• Something I think WILL happen is that something else might be sent to space because lots of animate things have been sent to space like us humans and dogs.
    Something I think MIGHT happen is even more exoplanets will be discovered because scientists have discovered exoplanets somewhere this year.
    Something I think WON'T happen is the Earth blowing up because I think that it will survive for over a trillion years.

• Something I think WILL happen is that. They will travel to the moon then stay then go to mars.
    Something I think MIGHT happen is that.They will see what is on mars and in the outer space beyond the earth and the moon.
    Something I think WON'T happen is that.They could make it to mars but if they don't they will know what is out there.

• I agree with genuine_cat, we are discovering new things about space everyday. As we know India launched a rocket who's name was the Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM), also called the Mangalyaan, the mangalyaan is currently on mars's surface and is sending new information everyday. I assume something that will happen is countries like the USA and Russia will keep attempting to send another probe to a planet as to stay in the space race.

A thing I don't believe will happen is sending a rocket to another galaxy as we do not have this sort of technology and the rocket may not be able to carry that much fuel to accelerate it to a galaxy outside of ours. In addition to this, the rocket will need to have advanced radars to avoid meteor showers coming towards its way as this is very common.

• Something we WILL know that will happen is that you can find new stuff out there on different planets.

• Something I think will happen is that we will continue to to explore outside our planet and discover new way to make space exploration easier.

Something I think might happen is that we will learn more about mars and if people can live on the planet. I think this because we can extract new resources that are not found on earth .

Something I think is not likely to happen is that we will discover new species or creatures that live in our galaxy that but we barely know of. I think this because for half a decade the journey we have made to space has extended, but not enough to assume that we will find another plant which will inhabit life. But this does mean mankind can’t push the boundaries to discover news things.

• Alot of things come from space but they are hard to find. Should people stop going to space because of how much money people spend on space gear comment on this post if you agree.

• i agree with that because I think space exploration is heading in the right direction. We eventually WILL settle on Mars in the distant future as we are already pursuing that goal, and when you try you can.
    It is very unlikely that space tourism will take off in the near future because of the price, availability and risk of death. I think this because only billionaires will be able to afford it and it will be very likely that space travel will be limited addition. For the few, not the many! We can never say something will never happen as we cannot see the future but based on what we currently see in space exploration progress, it is not very likely at all that we will be a galactic civilisation in the distant future. Another thing that will never happen, is the Dyson sphere. It is impractical and way off what we can currently do. To build it we will have go to extreme lengths.

• i all so agree with something I think will happen is that we will continue to to explore outside our planet and discover new way to make space exploration easier.

Something I think might happen is that we will learn more about mars and if people can live on the planet. I think this because we can extract new resources that are not found on earth .

Something I think is not likely to happen is that we will discover new species or creatures that live in our galaxy that but we barely know of. I think this because for half a decade the journey we have made to space has extended, but not enough to assume that we will find another plant which will inhabit life. But this does mean mankind can’t push the boundaries to discover news things

• I think that in about 10 years space might be inhabitable and people could live on space .

• I agree with genuine_cat, we are discovering new things about space everyday. As we know India launched a rocket who's name was the Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM), also called the Mangalyaan, the mangalyaan is currently on mars's surface and is sending new information everyday. I assume something that will happen is countries like the USA and Russia will keep attempting to send another probe to a planet as to stay in the space race.

A thing I don't believe will happen is sending a rocket to another galaxy as we do not have this sort of technology and the rocket may not be able to carry that much fuel to accelerate it to a galaxy outside of ours. In addition to this, the rocket will need to have advanced radars to avoid meteor showers coming towards its way as this is very common.

Reply to this comment

• i think it will be all wrong and all will might vanish

• I think that in a couple 1000 years a meteorite will hit the Earth and assimilate most of human kind, if this prediction does not come true I may have a theory that A super volcano will erupt causing mass chaos, I believe this may happen and be as strong or stronger as Mount Vesuvius at Pompeii this prediction is believed by many people. I think that humans will not be able to go to mars in the next 20 years which NASA has predicted I think this wont happen because humans have not got much equipment or anything to start to reform mars. I think my predictions may happen because usually super volcano's erupt once every couple 1000 years and Vesuvius erupted about 1800 years ago. A meteorite maybe, I have just guessed this because most people believe this theory.

• something I think is that more rockets will go in to space because there will be more money spent on going to space

• we cant stop going to space because some people like going to space and it doesnt matter about the things in space that are floating around in space from non-gravitiy

• i agree with a lot of country because if we explore mar and maybe new planet we can get info and fact about it

• we cant stop going to space because some people like going to space and it doesnt matter about the things in space that are floating around in space from non-gravitiy

• in the distant future as we are already pursuing that goal, and when you try you can.
    It is very unlikely that space tourism will take off in the near future because of the price, availability and risk of death. I think this because only billionaires will be able to afford it and it will be very likely that space travel will be limited addition. For the few, not the many! We can never say something will never happen as we cannot see the future but based on what we currently see in space exploration progress, it is not very likely at all that we will be a galactic civilisation in the distant future. Another thing that will never happen, is the Dyson sphere. It is impractical and way off

• I am positive that more people will be able to go to space and not fail there launch also i am positive that one day in the future if we have the technology to make a space rocket to go to all the other planets and back and survive.
    I think that our wonderful planet that we have might get ruined because of climate change if we dont stop using all of these gases to heat up our planet .
    I am also positive that we will not stop launching rockets into space to get information about all the planets and possibly find aliens in the future

• but i also disagree because you might be bankrupt and (maybe die)

• Something I think WILL happen is that something else might be sent to space because lots of animate things have been sent to space like us humans and dogs.
    Something I think MIGHT happen is even more exoplanets will be discovered because scientists have discovered exoplanets somewhere this year.
    Something I think WON'T happen is the Earth blowing up because I think that it will survive for over a trillion years

• I agree with loving cookie about alot of things come from space especially things that we don't expect. I think that this space idea isn't going to end very well.It was hard enough to get this space thing started and now we're taking it for advantage of it.And now people are trying to get money for space holidays. I personally think that this idea of a space holiday is a bad idea.Because what about those people who can't afford to go but want to.Or those people who just can't go.But I think that if we maybe just looked at the earth from the different point of view we could see what state the Earth is in.What do you think?

• I think that there might be more rocket launches because they have more money but I don't think there will be that
    many failed launches

• more rockets should be sent to space because they could get a picture of the earth from space so that means more rocket should get launched into space meas pictures of the hole earth.

• We should stop going to space because lots of stuff isn't being found because people aren't focused on finding stuff that still hasn't been found yet people have to start looking for the stuff that hasn 't been dug up that's why we should start by finding that stuff and bring it back to earth so when we bring it back it will be safe and sound and everyone will stop complaining about the stuff not being found and everyone will finally be happy and will have a better live and will be able to stop arguing forever .

• I think that space is heading the right way because soon it will be a tour just like any exploration and people will enjoy new ways to get around in space. Soon, other planets will be inhabitable just like Earth and other planets will just be like us and it will be the way we live now.

• I think that over the years , that America's rocket launching system will gradually go downhill because , it has spent thousands of dollars over the years;this could cause them to get bankrupt and no longer be able to proceed.

• I think that what WILL happen is we will travel throughout our solar system, to mars and discovering more about all of the planets because we have already discovered a lot about mars since humans sent sojourner rover to mars successfully and took pictures of the surface.

I think that what MIGHT happen in the future is humans travelling outside of the solar system. I think this because we have nearly created a space travel to get to mars so in the future we might be able to develop space travel to go even further, somewhere out of the solar system.

I think what WON’T happen is we will find out when the universe will end because the universe is always growing bigger and changing so there will never be able to be an exact prediction of when the universe will end as it could change depending on what will happen in the future.

• something that will happen is the exploration of new planets as more and more technology is being developed and advanced.As this is happening we have more opportunities to explore space.

• Something that WILL happen is more astronauts sent out to different planet,so they can come back and tell us about it and will happen because Apollo 11 has already been to the furthest out to space and I believe we can achieve great and big things.
    Something that MIGHT happen is that people could live on mars that it says on some articles and I think this might not happen because people may be scared of space and also it will cost us loads of money.
    Something that WON'T happen is that Earth will get sucked into the black hole the black hole is far far away from space so not to mention tho there are loads of black holes there is one closest to Earth is 6.6 more metres massive than our sun but it is not that close.

• I think we won't live on venus because it is way to hot and also you would be crushed by the weight of the atmosphere.
    I think we will discover loads on mars because humans are going to mars in 2033

• I think, in the future we are most likely to land and possibly start to settle on Mars. On the other hand, I think we won't be able to have humans settle on Jupiter or Saturn since they are gas giants and rovers and probes wouldn't be able to explore these planets due to the harsh conditions and the obvious fact that it is pure gas which is not solid. I think what MIGHT happen is that our galaxy could collide with one another, however, this has already happened, this year but the other galaxy was tremendously small. I also think, we WILL venture further out into space and explore many other planets, scientists have discovered many other planets and seas of galaxies but has not explored them and I think we may and shall do so one by one.

• Something that is Guarenteed to happen is Sending more people/animals to space,this is guarenteed since people want to start Space Trips and Holidays and for this to be secure and safe,people need to be sent to space as tests.Astronauts will examine and see how food and water works and what they can do to make it work.

Something that could Possibly happen is Trumps' space force and Space Holidays.I believe that Trump's space force was suppost to happen roughly around this month and last mean,this means that this could possibly happen or not,I believe that the trump force is very uneccasary as there is already the air force and nothing will come down from the sky,will it?.Space holidays are already starting to take place,Wealthy people offer tickets for an astonishing price of $250,000 and passengers will experience a few minutes of weightlessness and be able to see the earth from space.

Something that wont happen is people going beyond mars,Mars is the only planet we are in contact with currently,None of the Jovian Planets are stable so we are unable to study and explore it as much as the terrestial planets.

• Something I think WILL happen is the sun will turn into The Red Giant because I heard rumours about it and might turn into a black hole in the next billion years but it won't happen now because it is not big enough.
    Something I think MIGHT happen is that we might go to Mars because I have "researched" some stuff about it and we might be going there the next few years we might go there.
    Something I think WON'T happen is in the future we will find new chemicals on different planets and make superheros because we found chemicals in the past but nobody had super powers and probably be the same on different planets.

• Something that I think WILL happen is travelling up to space in order of a possible emergency need of a new planet to live on and call our own. I think this because we, humans, are the most dangerous animals on Earth- for both the other animals on the planet but the planet itself as well. You can tell this from the plastic pollution, climate change and the amount of extinct or endangered species.

Something that i think MIGHT happen is the travel of astronauts outside the Milky Way and finding another sign of life if a different ,far off planet. I think this because we will never know what is out in the abyss of unknown space unless we look. As, many people think that aliens don't exist or the opposite, i think that they people will probably want to know whether aliens do or don't exist.

Something that I think WONT happen is black holes ever coming too close to Earth . I think this because if a black hole can only stay in the same place then the closest black hole can never reach us. If it could then we probably would have sucked us inside already and stretched and squashed us.

• I think that humans WILL ,in the very distant future, live on Mars as we are already srarting to think about how we would put this into action such as sending rovers up to test things such as what the atmosphere is like, whether there is life living there already and if there is water. Scientists have concluded that there is water underneath the surface of Mars.
    I think that we MIGHT send manned missions to further planets or moons like Pluto or one of the moons of Jupiter. Europa could be promising for humans to land on as it is could have a water ocean beneath a glacier and has a thin oxygen atmosphere, but this would not be enough for us to breathe. Also, it has a magnetic field which shields it from Jupiter’s deadly radiation in the same way as Earth’s magnetic field shields us from the sun’s radiation. Without our magnetic field we would not be able to live.
    I think that people WON’T be able to travel to the edge of the universe because we would need to go faster than the speed of light. You could think of this as if the universe has got a head start of about 13 billion light years. A light year is how far light travels in a year which is about 10, 000,000,000,000 km, a enormous number.

• I think space tourism WILL happen because it has been all over the news and people have already paidn for their tour/ flight into space. Aswell as this- in China- they have been arranging the technoligy to make the vehichles work.
    I think humans MIGHT inhabit Mars if our world is destroyed in Climate change and Global warming, hopefully though that won't happen.
    I know Trump's Space Force WON'T happen because there are not enogh supporters for his plan. Also, it is an unrealistic idea since it will need billions of dollars that the country doesn't have. Donald Trump may not be in power for long enough to invest on the Space Force.

• Something that will happen is that WILL happen is that we WILL continue to develop our understanding on the universe and space altogether and WILL achieve greater things .
    Something that MIGHT happen is that we could end up inhabiting Mars or finding new life in space.Another thing that MIGHT happen is space tourism because it is too much money right now so we MIGHT never get a chance at it.
    Something that WON'T happen is Earth blowing up or being sucked up by a black hole(like outstanding_wolf and many others have said) because the Earth has been around for millions of years (13.7 billion years to 420 million years) and statistics show that the Earth will live for another 4 billion years and I think that is enough time fr us to find another planet to live on!

• something that will happen is the country is someones life will be ruined by the govment

• I think we will be able in the future is to go onto Mars and live on it because we were able to go to the moon and we have a robot on Mars already I know that we will be able to put a person on Mars in the future. We might be able to put life on Venus but right now I'm unsure because we technology don't know if it is possible to put life on it. We definitely are not going to get to another galaxy because of how far away we are from other galaxy and we do not have enough resources to get there.

• Something that I think will happen is that we will have space tourism but because of costs for a long time only the richest of people will be able to afford space tourism. I think this because it is going to cost millions or billions to get it running and they need to make a profit so it will be very expensive to travel to space.

Something I think might happen is us landing and living on Mars. I think there is a possibility that we will because we have already made plans to start, but it's so far that we are unlikely to manage it any time soon. To get there we may even have to invent a new mode of transport to travel quicker.

Something that I think definitely won't happen is us discovering anything outside of the milky way because we would have to get out of it and I don't think that we can. I think that humans would die before we managed to get out and any robot would run out of power. Also how could we know whether we could even survive outside of the milky way.

1. I am very intrigued by your opinion and would like to know more about what you think, excellent comment

• Something I think WILL happen is we will find a renewable source of energy on another planet because we are looking more and more to make life more efficient.

Something I think MIGHT happen is that NASA runs space tourism and the International Space Station could be a hotel for high-paying travellers because there are growing rumours about long-term life in space

Something I think WON'T happen is finding highly advanced beings (aliens) because we haven't found any in the past and it is highly improbable that we'll find any soon.

• Something that WILL happen is we will discover a lot more of Space because we have the money and I think that we will explore Mars better because we have people that are willing to go to Mars.

Something that MIGHT happen is that we might start exploring different planets because they might use all the money on the Mars trip but then they could save that money and use it to travel to a different planet and I think that we might find aliens as we haven't seen any yet.

Something that WON’T happen is exploring another galaxy as we have not fully explored this one and we won't build another Space Station as we only need one and going to the edge of the universe because it would be very difficult and would take a long time.

• I think Space tourism will happen as some space companies are offering tourists to go to space even though it is a lot of money.

I think are chances to go to mars might happen because scientists are trying to get more information so we know everything about Mars and if it is safe to live there

I think Something will not happen is the government to finally talk about space research or use more money to make our chances to go to Mars higher

• Something that WILL happen in the future that the universe will expand and more stars turning into black holes and causing more danger to are earth. Also people will go to mars for the first time and do research about it causing to spend millions of money.

• I think that space exploration is genuinely going to be unforgiving if we start exploring different galaxies because we might someday trigger a magnetism that may harm our planets. We already have problems with caring for our our earth due to environmental problems such as Climate change. If we can't even take of our planet , how can we take care of our galaxy? That is why I DONT think that we will last very long on Mars unless we take some dramatic decisions .

• I reckon we will be leaving the EU soon. Also global warming is proving a threat that is like a black hole swallowing the earth.

• and something that MIGHT happen in the future is that black holes will join together and making it a super super super black hole and will swallow up some galaxies and might involve us too. I also think a meteorite will hit the earth and then humans will be extinct and the moon crashing into mars.

and something that WONT happen is that humans are going to Saturn because its to cold that is why we dont have much research about it .

• I don't know much about space but I KNOW that we WILL send many more rockets into space .
    I think we MIGHT be able to have a hotel in space soon.
    And I know that we WON'T be able to explore black holes.

• Something that MIGHT happen is humans might be able to visit Mars for the first time. Something that WILL happen is that NASA will find out more about Mars and our understanding and knowledge of Mars will expand and develop.Something that WON,T happen is humans being able to go to Jupiter because there is massive storms and tornados.

• Something that WILL happen is more people discovering about space and the Galaxy
    Something that MIGHT happen is brexit in space
    Something that WONT happen is nothing because everything is possible if you put your mind to it. That's my opinion although it might not happen.

• Eventually, I think that people will start sending robots into space. BUT, on the other hand this would cost a lot more money than how much money we are spending on space travel now.

• space:
    Something that WILL happen is that we will explore Mars in the future.
    Something that MIGHT happen is that we might find life on Mars.
    Some thing that WON'T happen is that we will 100% find life on Mars.

Earth:
    Something that WILL happen is we will die out at one point.
    Something that MIGHT happen is that we might leave the EU.
    Something that will NOT happen is that we will live forever.

• Something I think will happen is people sending more rockets to Mars because we want robots and rockets to go to Mars so we can know how to get there.
    Something I think will happen is space tourism because we said we will be able to do it but we still have no clue of how to start space tourism.
    Something I think won’t happen is astronauts reaching Titan because Titan is to far from Earth.

• I think that in the future, space exploration will continue because we as humans are always curious. However the sun will get bigger and consume Mercury, Venus, Mars and most importantly the Earth, which means that scientist and people to do with space will have to find another Earth or planet B that we can continue the human race. Here is my opinion on what WILL,MIGHT and NEVER happen:

Something that WILL happen is an increase in the amount of protestors we see on the streets.
    Something that MIGHT happen is that the this Earth will go extinct maybe because of Climate Change and our star(the sun)
    Something that I THINK that Never happen is that we will all(the whole of Earth ) will move to Mars.

• I think:

Something that WILL happen is we will send another space rover to mars sometime soon because the one on mars right now will die someday, and need to be replaced.

Something that MIGHT happen is that humans will move to mars because global warming and plastic waste thrown into the sea will end the earth. But, they might end mars too.

Something that WON'T happen is that earth will last forever, because, like I said before, Humans will destroy earth before you know it with plastic waste and global warming. ☹️

• Something that will happen is that more humans would get to investigate space and maybe look forward to learning all about it if our planet doesn't die out. This is very important as we could increase our knowledge of more topics.

Something that might happen could be humans actually finding life on Mars. This could be important as if our planet dies out then we would have another planet to travel to and rely on it to keep us safe.

Something that will not happen is us getting to explore blackholes. Blackholes have to much power and could cause a lot of chaos and by finding the informtion, something has to be close to collect the information but that thing could get sucked in and loose the data.

• This is my view. Please consider.

What WILL happen: We WILL land and start to inhabit mars. At least humans WILL get to mars as 2030 is the date me have been given for when a crewed surface landing is supposed to happen, also in 2020 a new rover to mars should be launched to help support human life on mars.

What MIGHT happen: We might find life or water on mars. There is no proof that mars has life but it still has a chance that it has, there has also not been any proof that there was life on mars in the past ether as the are no corpses or skeletons. I suspect we might find water on mars as the are little water molecules in the atmosphere and deep underground there might be a underwater river or water caven somewhere.

What WON'T happen: We WON'T be able to breath in space or survive there without a spacesuit. The space atmosphere is so harsh and uninhabitable, it it just scientifically impossible to be able to breath there without your mask with oxygen in. The atmosphere is so cold it would be impossible to survive without the controlled conditions of the suit.

Thank you for reading.

• Something i think will happen is human life on mars, i think this because we have been promised multiple times by many people, and we have the right technology capable of pulling it off.
    Something that might happen is in an attempt to discover a new planet we end up destroying our own, i think this because rocket exhaust is harmful to the planet, and by deploying more and more fuel containing rockets to make it to Mars, we might destroy our very own planet.
    Something that will not happen is us making it to jupiter any time soon, this is because it is 365 million miles away from mars, which would take us a really long time to get to.

• Something that I think will happen is that people that explore space will start to explore more about mars.
    Something that I think might happen is that they might send out robots to space instead of humans.
    Something that wont happen is finding aliens.

• Something I think will happen is that the universe will continue to expand indefinitely. I believe this because NASA have used something called a galactic magnifying lens to prove that the distribution of dark energy (which people believe is the thing that pushes the universe apart) will mean that the universe will never stop growing. It is hard to disagree with scientific proof.

Something I think might happen is humans going to Mars. The reason I am unsure about this is because humans haven’t yet demonstrated their capability to land on and survive on Mars although robots have explored the planet with some success. Although there is evidence of water on Mars, it is not yet clear if this would be sufficient for human survival.

Something I think won’t happen is finding out what is beyond the edges of the visible universe. The reason I believe this is because, as Jocelyn Bell Burnell said in her BNC interview, it is probably impossible to know what is outside our universe if indeed there is anything at all.

• Something I think will happen is that we will get to Mars. I believe this because NASA is under presidential orders to land humans on Mars by 2033. In addition, there have been several rovers that have explored the surface of Mars and we are finding out so much about it. It seems to be the priority for space exploration so I can’t see it not happening at some point in the future.

Something I think might happen is that we will manage to get a space craft into another galaxy. The reason I think this is because technology is developing all the time and, if we want to find out as much as possible about our universe, we will- at some point- need to explore further afield than our own solar system.

Something I think won’t happen is space junk being eliminated. Unfortunately, I can’t see this happening because we are already having enough trouble with rubbish and junk here on Earth and, if we can’t control things here, we definitely can’t control it in space.

• Something I think will happen is an increase in the amount of technology used in place of humans for space exploration. I believe this because NASA already says that they favour robots above humans (this is stated on their website) and, in recent year, most interplanetary exploration has been done by robots. I see no reason why this will change.

Something I think might happen is space tourism. I believe this because people have already spent the night in the ISS as tourists and space hotels are being developed by several companies that could be used in the future. I am still doubtful because it’s very expensive and I’m not sure there are there many people who would actually be able to spend that amount of money to go.

Something I think won’t happen is that humans will live on Saturn. This is impossible because Saturn is a gas giant that is so far away from the sun that we would freeze. For a planet to be suitable for humans it must be in the habitable zone and made out of rock.

• Something that will happen is that a woman will land on the moon. The Artemis Programme aims to get a woman on the moon by 2024. Artemis 1, the first stepping-stone to this goal, is due to launch in November 2020.

Something that might happen is that we might discover life on other planets. I think this because scientists have already discovered water on Mars and, where this is water, there is often life. However, I am still doubtful because there are things other than water that are needed for life. In addition, we don’t know what this ‘life’ will look like. It probably won’t be the picture of aliens that we have in our head.

Something that won’t happen is that humans will never be able to survive without a spacesuit on the moon. On the moon there is no air to breathe, although there is a very thin layer of gases on the lunar surface that can almost be called an atmosphere. However, without oxygen, humans will always need support to be able to survive in space.

• Something that will happen is that our sun will eventually die. I know this because all stars have limited lifetimes and our sun is a star. Stars like our sun burn for about 9 or 10 billion years before running out of hydrogen. Our sun is, therefore, about half way through its life.

Something that might happen is a space war. This might happen because of Donald Trump’s space force, which I strongly believe will end up with weapons being put up in space. I am doubtful about this because there is no evidence to show that any countries have any desire to start a space war.

Something that definitely won’t happen is that we won’t find out whether or not the universe is infinite. I think this is impossible because space is so big and we don’t even know everything about our universe. Human minds can’t understand everything and I think that what lies beyond the universe goes above and beyond what we can comprehend.

• The things I want to write about are what I think are the most likely.

Something that I think WILL happen is space tourism becoming a famous interest. I think visiting space is something that everyone hopes to do and breakthroughs in ways we can travel to outer space are constantly being made! More than 700 people have bought tickets for space tourism on Virgin Galactic at a cost between $200,000 and $250,000 (£155,000 and £193,000). Already, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has been making waves with its reusable New Shepard rocket, which has flown to space 10 times.

Something I MIGHT think will happen is further female astronauts flyig into space. A recent visitor had talked to me about how a female's body reacts differently to a male's in space. Already many Gender work groups have suggested to NASA that more female astronauts travel to space.

Something that I think will NEVER happen is interstellar travels. At this pace, I genuinely think that we are definitely not going to have an interstellar travels. We do currently have space probes travelling however if any of these spacecraft were headed to our nearest neighbor, Proxima Centauri, just barely 4 light-years away, they would reach it in about 80,000 years.

• Will Work
    I believe that something that will work would be that we can find out about if we could develop a community on Mars. I believe this because sometimes, something could be hidden but we have to figure out other ways to see it and when we first discovered Mars, we just thought that it was another planet and that we could only live on Earth.
    Might Happen
    I think that something might happen is that we will start looking at our planet more to save it from Climate change.
    Won't Happen
    Something that wont happen is that we will stop polluting the Earth and save Climate change.

• will:
    the earth dies
    might:
    the earth recovers from the climate crisis
    won't:
    find out wether the universe is infinite

• I think that we will finally be able to go to another moon, such as Europa, and will.........dunno
    I think....sadly... climate change will carry on
    if we will live forever

• Something that I think will happen is that the 'space race' will only get worse from this point onwards. I think this because many of the world leaders currently (i.e. Donald Trump, Boris Johnson) have shown little interest in the issues of their planet, so it seems logical that they will spend an increasing amount of time and money on matters outside of our planet.
    Something that I think might happen is that people become increasingly sceptical concerning the space missions at the moment, and it may become harder for these companies to gain public approval. The reason that I am not entirely certain for this one is that it depends on the involvement of the media, and more than a select group of people opening their eyes to the catastrophic effects of space travel. If even a tiny number of newspapers began to publicise and plant the seeds of independent thinking in society, perhaps change would come quicker.
    Something that I think won't happen is that we make any significant breakthroughs in the near future. Many people use the excuse that space travel is an opportunity to discover new elements and possible cures for deadly illnesses, but I think we need to broaden our perspective for a second, and simply take it in just how colossal space really is. I am not denying the fact that amazing things may lie in space which could perhaps solve many of our problems on Earth, but it will take so much longer to find maybe even one of these, when we could have solved several of our problems on Earth using the same resources.

• Something I think will happen is that people will still have their opinions on space Exploration as whether this action will be continuous or will eventually end. To link this with a theory I have made, I think it will be continuous as what is the point in having a national Space agency that participates in Aerospace activities, - like NASA or the ESA - and that launches and is accessible for a limited amount of time? There is no point and Space can be used in many ways to help Earth and human life. To back this up with a fact, this IS going to continue. My reason for this would be life is supposed to progress. People hope to make flying cars and have made cars to make life easier. We explore Space to get particular materials like metal, which comes from Space but Space tourism is just for fun! People are still going to have their opinions because people can not stop thinking and many people know Space is infinite so they believe we should quit. This is why people are still going to be for and against Space exploration whether it continues or ends.

Something I think might happen is that more people will be inspired to go into Space and it will help people explore Space easier and find out more as Space exploration costs $61 PER PERSON meaning not many people go into Space at the moment but now apparently '2019 is the year Space Tourism becomes a reality' so when people hear this, it will make more people want to explore Space. Maybe more than once! In my opinion though I think it is likely!

Something I think won't happen is that is that we can't stop creating Space junk as if rockets fail (which is unlikely as we have improved in technology) they will fall into Space and become Space junk unless we stop exploring which wouldn't help anything. Space junk is a real problem though and it being plural means it can hugely affect our Earth.

• Something I think will happen is that people will be able to have space tourism even though I am against it. If people are able to go to Mars in the future, this is definitely in our reach. With so many companies trying to complete this task like SpaceX and Blue Origin. They are doing a lot of work on this subject and it will be completed, maybe in the next 50 years.

Something I think might happen is human footprints on Mars by 2070 because Mars is reachable with all the technology that has been invented by scientists will hopefully be enough to get there by that time period. The reason for it being a might not a will is that on the attempts, luck has to be in our favour. There are so many risks of traveling to Mars and illnesses to astronauts like muscle loss. These might make NASA decide to stop the attempts of humans adventuring on Mars.

Something I think won't happen is that astronauts will be in orbit without space suits. They give people so much oxygen and is a vital part of space exploration being a thing and astronauts surviving in orbit. If we are able to find a way to go into space without the space suits it will be incredible and very unrealistic.

• What I think WILL happen: I'm certain that NASA will send more astronauts to space to explore more planets, dwarf planets or exo-planets because, in 50 years they've explored parts of space closer to Earth for people who don't really know much about space (and outer parts of space). I think this because NASA was made for space exploration so that's why they will expand their research further.

What I think MIGHT happen: I think that by 2030, NASA might make sure that non-astronauts could go to space for holiday even though it might cause them illnesses. NASA said that one of their targets is to try and send people who aren't astronauts to space by 2030 but I think that it might not happen because there could be other targets that are more important than sending non-astronauts to space.

What I think WON'T happen: I think that NASA won't be able to send all people to space because they either don't have enough money for it, or they're poor. The people who could definitely go to space would be billionaires or millionaires and a low percentage of people are this rich.

• I am certain that NASA WILL send more astronauts to explore further into space than we ever have before. I am sure about this because they have already done it before successfully for many years, and I am sure they've enjoyed it. Another reason of why I think this is certain is because learning about space is important so we need to carry on investigating the solar system around us and what it can tell us about our life and beyond.

Something I think that might happen is that NASA might start doing something about the Space Junk issues in our solar system. I think this might happen because it is important as something serious might happen if nothing is done about it soon - there could be a huge impact which could cause an explosion or loss of life in space if a ship collides with some junk. However, I am unsure NASA will do this because their main priorities are to explore space, not clean it up. Someone might take responsibility for it.

Something I think won't happen is that normal people will not get a chance to visit space and only very rich and astronauts will. The reason being is that the cost of space travel is very expensive and I am guessing that NASA might increase it rather than decrease it because if they travel further the price is most likely to increase and that way only the rich could afford to explore space. Also the risks to health associated with space travel are very high so insurance would be astronomical!

• I envisage a future where development in space explorations reveal the location on other worlds of useful raw materials, which could be used for fuel or medicines. I believe the likelihood of this happening is high.

Perhaps, faster routes to these planets will be discovered by investigating black holes, and methods of powering space craft will enable astronauts to accomplish this in a fraction of the present time.

I am extremely sceptical that 'global warming' is going to be a serious threat to human existence as the temperature of the Earth has risen and fallen historically.

• I think a new planet WILL be found and be introduced into the planet diagrams because most astronauts haven’t been far into the universe so it could.
    I think space junk MIGHT have a way to be removed. Engineers could make a very exordinary machine that could go into space and remove space junk out of space so there won’t be any accidents in space.
    I DONT THINK that we will achieve a way to find a way to go to Mars because they have been using a lot of time and it’s going to be very hard to get the WHOLE world into jets and planes to Mars.Mars’s oxygen is very low which could be a problem to us.

• Something that I think will happen is somebody will take a science kit to space and test to see if some of the things people find are useful for saving lives.
    Something that might happen is we have 1,000 space missions before 2030 because that would be an amazing achievement and we might even have someone under the age of 16.
    Something that won't happen is we will be habitating on Mars before 2050 because we don't have advanced technology for rockets.

• I think that pollution problems will happen to forests because every time we send a rocket into space we keep damaging the environment and because of this animals are also losing their lives just because of us sending rockets into space. If this carries on, we will damage the environment and keep killing animals and they will lose their homes

• Something that I think will happen is someone will find a habitual home.
    Something that I think will happen is before 2050 we would have had 1,000,000 successful launches.
    We might have much better technology before 2030.