Thank you for sharing all your reflections on different animals which deserve an international day of recognition! There have been some great comments! But there can only be two winners... and this time they are:
fearless_mulberry of Makini Academy in Kenya, who has suggested beavers for their help to slow floodwaters.
aware_painting of Shouka Prep Girls School in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, who has recommended ants for their work in maintaining the balance of the ecosystem.
Welcome to the competition! There are three important rules:
- DON'T COPY OTHER STUDENTS
- FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
- ENTRIES MUST BE THREE SENTENCES OR LESS
If you don't follow the rules, you will not be able to win and your account may be deactivated.
This competition will close on Wednesday 25th May for judging! We will announce two winners on Thursday 26th May. Good luck!
Friday 20th May is International Bee Day - a day where people around the world think about how important bees are and come together to protect them. We think trusting_pear of Shohour High Public School in Lebanon nicely sums up why bees are so important in their comment above.
For this week's competition your challenge is to decide on a different animal which deserves an international day of recognition. For example, it could be because it does a job for humans, has a special skill or needs protection. This week, the winners will be picked based on the quality of their explanations, so don't forget to say why you picked that animal.
- You could structure your entry like this: "I think that _____ should have an international day of recognition BECAUSE..."
- Read the other entries first and try to choose an animal that hasn't already been said
- Make your entry personal to you - there are no wrong answers