How to be sustainable

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

COP27---Image-3

Comments (9)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Every idea for sustainability is a good idea and is transitional......but it's being completely negated by all the millions of people who are doing the jobs that are harming the planet, all desperately wanting to hang on to their damn jobs at any cost!!!.......It absolutely MUST be made financially worthwhile for people to start sharing the jobs we NEED people to do and working LESS. You certainly can't make them all unemployed and expect them to happily exist on something like a UBI or benefits while the rest have to carry on working 40 hours or more a week. There is no valid argument against it...we have to get people sharing the jobs we NEED people to do and working LESS.

• " We can't actually recycle everything" Which is why I tend to make my own coffee at home and refill my own water bottles over and over. lt doesn't matter if the cups dunkin uses are recyclable, l can re-use my own stuff. Oh, and it's cheaper.

1. Thank you very much for your comment
      Beautiful!
      This is good, but do you think that things that cannot be recycled can be reused?. And are you one of those people who support recycling things?. Or do you feel that it is more convenient to find them ready-made?

• There is some information on how sustainability becomes 1- Planting trees 2- Protecting long-term productivity and health of resources to meet future economic and social needs, for example protecting food supplies, farmland and hunting stocks 3- Treating environmental resources as if they have inherent rights and value 4- Not dumping Waste on the ground and maintaining the cleanliness of the environment 5- Do not overdo things that pollute the environment, for example water pollution

• Hi, With the carbon emission's from transport you should have separated them into categories such as, commercial lorries and personal vehicles so we could understand the true effects of consumer pollution.

• Everything that can be recycled must be recycled directly, but before recycling it, we must take care not to harm the environment.
    So that it is a successful business and its effects benefit everyone.
    Because waste on the environment will be reduced and it will bring aesthetic and material benefit.

• The purpose of recycling is not just to reduce carbon emissions , nor just reduce waste in landfills , it's also to prevent another tree from being felled to make paper towels . There are multiple reasons for recycling, more than are being addressed here. Every new generation that is accustomed to the habits of their culture questions them-- what that new generation lacks is the perspective that led to the implementation of those habits !(for example , the anti-vaxxers didn't see their friends being horribly disabled for life by polio , and thus didn't see the fear of the disease come to an end after Salk's vaccine appeared , and polio disappeared-- they lack that experience , and that uninformed perspective makes it easy to assign malevolent goals to vaccination.) I think the presenter has some good idea about our need to address consumption , packaging , and waste through multiple channels, but it's a mistake to malign recycling ! when I recycle paper l save trees

• The purpose of recycling is not just to reduce carbon emissions , nor just reduce waste in landfills , it's also to prevent another tree from being felled to make paper towels . There are multiple reasons for recycling, more than are being addressed here. Every new generation that is accustomed to the habits of their culture questions them-- what that new generation lacks is the perspective that led to the implementation of those habits !(for example , the anti-vaxxers didn't see their friends being horribly disabled for life by polio , and thus didn't see the fear of the disease come to an end after Salk's vaccine appeared , and polio disappeared-- they lack that experience , and that uninformed perspective makes it easy to assign malevolent goals to vaccination.) I think the presenter has some good idea about our need to address consumption , packaging , and waste through multiple channels, but it's a mistake to malign recycling ! when I recycle paper l save trees

• .It absolutely MUST be made financially worthwhile for people to start sharing the jobs we NEED people to do and working LESS. You certainly can't make them all unemployed and expect them to happily exist on something like a UBI or benefits while the rest have to carry on working 40 hours or more a week. There is no valid argument against it...we have to get people sharing the jobs we NEED people to do and working LESS.

• Every idea about sustainable ia a perfect idea and good,also we have alot of ways we can do, to be more sustainable.
    1. Limit your food waste. A great deal of energy is used in transporting and storing food for consumption.
    2.Eat more plant based meals,Even one day a week of plant-based meals has an impact! 
    3.Recycle and compost. 
    4.Reduce your plastic.
    5.Take advantage of your neighborhood recycling program.