AI Art: Destroyer or Builder of Artists

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

The common thing everyone is talking about today is AI art. Some speak of it is a beauty becuse of it's detail and because of the AI's ability to create art from previously existing ones, others say it is theft because the AI uses it's knowledge of art created by artists without their permission which makes them angry.

AI has the ability to build an artist's creativity and it alsohas the ability to completely replace artists all accross the world. Which do you think it will do? Atrificial Inteligence has the ability to do both but in your opinion which would it have more tendency of doing?

People say AI art can move and inspire because in a way, the machine uses its imagination and can often exceed human expectations. In their belief even though emotions don't motivate programs and their art, these creations can draw emotions out of you and even give you ideas for further expression. Others say AI has to feed on art pieces made by different people and recreate too similar a style. This is what makes it to be considered as art theft.

The thing I want to really know is how does AI affect the artists. Will it replace them or help them. AI can generate new art, from landscapes to abstract shapes, it can also automate processes such as colorization, creating new colors from existing images, and creating realistic textures, it can generate music, helping artists create new sounds and beats without having to learn a musical instrument. But, some say it can replace artists.

In my opinion AI can replace artists but will no because though it has made significant progress in generating visual and audio content, it still lacks the creativity and human touch that is intrinsic to art. And without human art for AI to use as data to learn, art is useless.

What is your opinion?

Comments (4)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Art is not just about creating something visually or sonically pleasing. It's about expressing emotions and ideas through a unique perspective.

AI can learn from human art, but it can never replicate the individuality of human creativity. The beauty of art lies in its imperfections and human touch, making it irreplaceable.

So, let us cherish the art created by humans and embrace the potential of AI to complement and enhance human creativity, rather than replace it.

• I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with your opinion. I believe that AI definitely has the potential to replace artists in certain areas of art creation, and it's not just limited to visual and audio content.

AI is already being used in various fields of art, such as writing, music composition, and even painting. These AI-generated artworks might lack the "human touch" that you mentioned, but they can still evoke emotions and express ideas in unique ways that are not possible with traditional art methods.
    AI can learn from existing art data and use that knowledge to create new and innovative pieces. In fact, some AI systems have been able to create art that is so indistinguishable from human-made art that it has won awards and been featured in galleries.

So while it's true that AI may not be able to replace all aspects of art, it's clear that it has the potential to be a valuable tool for artists and even become a significant force in the art world.

• Although artificial intelligence was invented by humans, it has advanced advantages such as:
    1- Speedy completion of work perfectly
    2- Artificial intelligence increases business efficiency and speed of implementation
    3- It increases its value and contributes to the continuous development of business.
    4- It also increases the number of those interacting with these works due to the continuous development of related tools and software
    As it facilitated communication and enumerated the means of fun and enjoyment, however, it sometimes causes damage to the minds and dependence on machines and replaces low-skilled jobs, and this led to laziness of employees

• My point is AI is a wonderful thing and deserves the name art because it is something that takes a lot of time to learn and is so difficult that no one can master it. As for drawing, you will find a lot of people who are good at drawing, it is very easy and takes a little time to learn. Yes, drawing is an art and artificial intelligence is an art, both are wonderful things, and as I said, artificial intelligence is not an easy thing, and it may change the world and make it more advanced as "artificial intelligence can produce solutions through abstract thinking after extensive training, and only in the areas in which it is trained, But real intelligence lies in the ability to generalize"Artificial intelligence can produce solutions through abstract reasoning after extensive training, and only in the areas in which it is trained, but true intelligence lies in the ability to generalize It is also important to consider the potential impact of artificial intelligence on the art world and how It could change the way we perceive and appreciate creative expression and I think AI should have some rules too.