AI standpoint

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

AI STANDPOINT

AI(artificial Intelligence) are computer systems capable of performing complex tasks that historically only a human could do, such as reasoning, making decisions, or solving problems.AI is important to me because it can change the world in good and bad ways in the future. While some people argue that AI has a lot of privacy concerns,it is very crucial to consider that it can minimise human error in work.In this standpoint,I will write about how AI will change the future and if it should be stopped or not.

AI has many advantages to our planet.One of the lots of advantages of AI is that they can perform simple tasks often better than humans .These Computer systems are available all day,meaning that they have time to do those jobs that they are asked to do by humans.Another positive of AI is that they save our time doing a lot of work because it would take us a long time to do,but AI will do it in seconds or minutes.Lastly,AI doesn't get tired or wear out because it is not a human and aren't real.It can work day and night forever but humans need sleep and rest after a long day of working.

One of the main negatives in AI is that there is no creativity or emotion in their work.They have no feelings and humans work like a team to make things right but AI does it all by themselves,with no creativity.Another negative is that AI is making adults unemployed meaning that there will be huge job losses around the world.This will lead to not getting paid enough to feed your family and and not enough money for other essentials.

In conclusion, i think that AI will remain a function of human daily lives and will affect us in the future.I believe that AI will take the jobs that we have now and there will be new ones.I an concerned for the people on our planet because ai will potentially make everyone lazy and not want to do anything.Ai is scary but very interesting at the same time.I think it is our responsibility to stop AI as soon as possible.

Comments (1)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Dear selfreliant_duck,
    Having read your standpoint a few questions came to my mind. In what sectors do you presume, that we could utilize AI? And how do you think it will create new ones?
    Personally I believe that technology has helped us come far, but is that all? No, the invention of machine weapons or atom bombs for example, has caused great damage and ended an immense amount of human lives.Therefore I believe that sometimes we need to restrain ourselves, even if we want to run faster, reach higher etc. I mention this, as it is of crucial importance, that we try to foresee the implications and consequences these inventions entail. Relating this to AI, we need to be aware, that it could harm us when abused by ( the wrong) influential powers. Furthermore AI actively deskills our new generations, as they grow up using it in school to solve exercises rather than their brain. I myself become more aware of this every day. On this point I absolutely agree with you and want to take it one step further and demand, that we banish it for writing exercises in schools. Concerning the utilization of AI in the medical sector, I am totally convinced that it is life-changing. AI can help analyze a patients symptoms and draw a reasonable conclusion or can operate extremely long and precise surgeries, where humans might do errors. All in all the government needs to inform their citizens more about the ongoing development of AI, how it is used etc., so that everyone can build themselves an informed opinion and state, when it’s time to pull the pluck on AI.