Woman in the media

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

My Topic is important because For many years now men are seen better than women and this has to stop now. For example on the media its seen that women can't do certain jobs like being a journalist because they explore different place in the world to find out the truth from world and in certain parts of the world woman are being controlled by men so if you go to those countries as a female they might be really negative towards you and treat you different if you are a woman.I agree that women have a voice they can use to speak up about the wrong, like online because woman post things online that men may not like for example like a simple photo of themselves, some men may not like it and comment negative.

The positive about Woman in the media

In the media women are able to travel as journalist to speak the truth in some places in the world. They are able to fight about the rights and wrongs. They can meet incredible people socializing between men and women. Now a days, women have been shown as more confident as many of them wanted to prove men wrong by doing jobs that women were told that they couldn’t as they have a chance to show young girls about what women can do if young girls were to ever be told about something they can just look at what other famous womens were able to accomplish.Woman in Libya were enslaved in Islamic State but they managed to escape this shows use that woman can can stand up for what's right and that women can’t be treated fairly.

Negatives

How women are treated on the media is bad because firstly there are lots of hate and bad comment coming from men on videos that women post and also they don’t get treated fairly compared to men’s social media is an app that everyone in the world use to communicate and interact but some genders (which are women) who sends inappropriate stuff on apps making people feel uncomfortable and also make people hate women. The bad news of being a woman is that you don’t get paid well and also if a woman should apply for a job interview they don’t get applied because of how the are treated in the society

Conclusion:

i suggest that women need more right

Comments (4)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Women certainly need more rights and are so harshly treated by men. Back then, women were more so enslaved with little rights and even with more rights now, they are still treated unfairly by men in medias.

• As you have already stated women face a lot of harassement and injustice online and in the media. But because of what you also mentioned, women being in role model positions i think it is extremely important to shine a light on the topic and try to do our best to progress away from such a negative media environment for women. I think that it is often underestimated how much representation matters and what effect it has when little girls are seeing a woman in a position they didn't think was possible for them. We as a society cannot give up on women and their presence in the media just because of the constant negative pushback. We need to make the adjustments and create the spaces to allow us as a society to develope into a more accepting and tolerant community.

• I agree with many of your points and believe that, around the world, the way women are spoken about needs to be changed. Something you said in your negative comments made me think - you said that media is bad as there are bad comments coming from men. However, many of the bad comments actually come from other women! This is not good as women cannot say they want to support women equally then spend their time commenting negatively or contributing to negative stories. In the news at the moment. Princess Kate had to give an update on her health because so many people, many of them women, were making up stories about her. This is so wrong, nobody, not even someone who is Royal should be treated that way. the King had less stories made up about him - yes he said what was wrong but that was his choice. I think that they way social media can encourage (without being obvious), people to be negative about others is wrong and the media needs to be questioned about how to talks about all people, but women in particular. There is still a culture where some men talk about women in a really negative way and this is what needs to be changed. Women have rights, people just need to remember this and allow them to have them.

• The role of woman in the media can be divided into four parts: Freedom, pluralism, safety and independence. Due to the fact that woman still face gender inequality, they don`t enjoy the same rights as men, which is why feminism should be even more widespread.

Just look at Afghanistan: Women are only allowed to move freely in public if they are accompanied by their husband. Furthermore, women's right to education is severely limited and demonstrators get arrested.
    Women did not have the right to vote during the French Revolution and did not receive the right to vote in France until 1944.
    Another example of the oppression of women is domestic violence. Statistics show that there were almost 250,000 female victims of domestic violence in Germany in 2022, which means that 71 percent of the victims are female.

But still, there a many people who argue that woman have never experienced the equality before, they experience today, which might true, but still, that shouldn`t be a reason to throw away all the successes woman made through feminism.

In conclusion, I would say that it is important to fight for gender-equality and against gender based violence. The society reached it`s goal when people don`t need to question themselves whether men are equal to woman or not.