YES! WE ARE POLITICAL!

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

US-Midterm-Election---Image-5

YES! 🚶WE ARE POLITICAL!

Youth in society secure and assure the oldies of the future and continuity of their legacies.I have seen it movies where the youth are projected as the successors of the old,An old King is succeeded by a young prince to take on his legacy.This is only possible because the young prince was involved in the politics and was supported rather than deprived from politics of their nation.

EXPERIENCE IN MY COUNTRY UGANDA.

In my country in most cases the youth are not given the chance to express themselves politically as they think they are childish and can't make decisions affecting the future of the country yet we the youth are actually political and we can engage constructively in the country's political movements and we definitely have a lot of things we wish to change in our countries.The grownups are dismissing the fact that there is no particular age for developing political ideas because even children in elementary school have dreams of becoming Presidents or leaders in future.They spread the image of violence on the youth as they show that the youth can't contribute constructively for example they use the riots,strikes and demonstrations staged by the youth in trying make their voices loud and yet the youth choose to resort to those options because the grownups don't engage them well in politics which sometimes results in violation of youth rights,they grownups don't provide platform for the youth to express themselves politically so that's why the youth choose to use the means that they have(masses) because in a country like mine,the youth are bigger in number than any other age group.

Personally, I'm of the impression that we youth can actually do so much more politically more than the grownups because in most cases we are united for the same cause and we understand each other problems because we're the same which cannot be said for the grownups because in most cases they tend to be divided by their ambitions and struggle for power that they don't take the people they serve as top priority.Our current President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni, during his youth stage,he was instrumental in bringing peace in Uganda,29 year old Museveni formed the Front for National Salvation and later National Resistance Army and these were a rebel groups that he led to fight as restore peace as the new president in 1986.So this is clear evidence that we the youth have a lot that we can do politically but unfortunately in many cases power is withheld to the grownups as they don't want to leave power the once beloved president that I have mentioned above is now ruled for over 36 years since 1986 and he is now 78 years old and people are tired of his government and they want a change.A political influencer and singer(bobi wine) Robert Kyagulanyi Ssentamu is now the one trusted by the people to bring about change in the country as he is only 40yrs old.Here it's clear that the youth are the future of our country but they are being deprived of political engagement and no one is fighting for our political rights and we are completely ignored and it's also why you see the youth using the internet on social media to do their activism because in the outside world they don't have good opportunities.

In my opinion and based on what I have found in research,most influential activists politicians started their political involvement as young people and they managed to achieve a lot and change the world.I take the example the man I have had since I was born,Nelson Mandela who helped in restoring freedom in South Africa but he also started to involve in politics when he was only 24 yrs in 1942.

Therefore I call upon all the grownups to involve the young people, especially the youth more in politics because the young are the future."A forest without young trees,dies with the death of the old trees."

Lets not underestimate the power of young people;. "YOUNG IS FUTURE"

"YOUNG IS POLITICAL"

Comments (2)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• I agree because young people are actually the most political according to latimes.com. A dozen years ago, after President Obama’s election, 24% of Americans younger than 30 reported themselves to be politically active, according to the poll, conducted by the Harvard Kennedy School’s Institute of Politics. At the time, the Obama campaign was widely credited with having energized young Americans. Today, that engaged number stands at 36%, maintaining an extraordinarily high level seen during last year’s election. Young Black Americans report the most political engagement, 41%, the survey found. Political engagement is highest among students in four-year college, who make up about one in five young people, and among those with college degrees, who are about one in four of Americans younger than 30. But even among the roughly half of young people who don’t have a degree and aren’t enrolled in a four-year college, engagement has risen. People think young people are not political, but the truth is we actually are we are very engaged in the affairs of our state, the thing is we are just more involved in some areas than others ideologically, young people have moved notably to the left over the last five years, with growing shares backing government action to stop climate change, reduce poverty and provide health insurance. We black people need to be represented better according to newpolitics.com ''young voters of color overwhelmingly say they do not feel “included in Trump’s America,” the poll found. Just about one in six say they feel included close to 60% say they do not''. Even among white young people, more say they do not feel included, 41% to 35%. Overall, just 27% of Americans ages 18 to 29 say they feel included in Trump’s America, while 48% say they do not, with 24% neutral.
    We are political yes, but we need better ways to show it we need more representation, and we need more diversity in politics.

• I agree since young people are actually the most political ,Through active participation, young people are empowered to play a vital role in their own development as well as in that of their communities, helping them to learn vital life-skills, develop knowledge on human rights and citizenship and to promote positive civic action. Young participation is one of the core principles of the Convention on the Rights of the young , which asserts that children and young people have the right to freely express their views and that there is an obligation to listen to Youngs views and to facilitate their participation in all matters affecting. Example Some national youth policies include anything that affects young people, including social protection, gender equality, unemployment, formal education, health, housing.Powered in many respects by digital media practices, young people are increasingly forming strong views and mobilising on local and global issues. Examples include safety from violence, climate change, poverty alleviation and mental health.