Ben answers your questions!

Ben Mango is a member of Extinction Rebellion (XR) and also a Quaker. He joined XR after listening to a presentation on the climate crisis in his local area which showed how serious the situation was. Since then Ben has been active within his local group and is also helping to support national initiatives to raise awareness about the climate crisis and its wider connections with other issues, such as social and racial inequalities.

As a Quaker, Ben believes it is important to act on your beliefs and that everyone has the ability to contribute to a fairer and more equal society.

Thank you to those of you who submitted questions for Ben. There were lots to choose from, but here are the questions he answered:

eager_atmosphere: what motivated you to join XR?

amazing_horse: How do you get people who don't care about the climate crisis to change their mind?

flowing_chocolate: What are some examples of successful sustainability initiatives, either on a small or large scale, that you find inspiring?

harmonious_river: how do you convince big industries to stop pollution and be more sustainable?

grateful_conversation: How do you think I can raise awareness about the climate crisis and its wider connection with other issues, such as social and racial inequality as a young person?

Well done to eager_atmosphere from Shri Natesan Vidyasala Mhss B, amazing_horse from Usra Academy, flowing_chocolate from Shri Natesan Vidyasala Mhss A and harmonious_river and grateful_conversation from Usra Academy who have each been awarded 3 stars for their questions.

Comments (9)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Hi Ben, i have a question for you
    How do you get your country to become more interested in Earth day?

• Hi Ben, i have a question for you to.
    how do you motivate young minds to help raise awareness to help stop cimate change

• Did Ben make you think differently by changing people's minds? Yes, of course . By spreading awareness and instructions through social networking sites and everywhere. This will change their minds and make their minds filled with serious thinking about climate protection. What I learned from Ben is that the climate is our responsibility and we must protect it as we protect our young children from any danger. In fact, I will ask Ben a question, which is. How can climate change our lives?
    and thanks Ben .

• Yes ben has made me think differently because you feel that sometimes whatever you do you can't change other people's minds about somethings but Ben has encourage me not give up, so now i believe no matter what your opinion is about something can be changed

1. I agree with you, Ben made me change my mind about that .. I find it difficult to change the direction of people's minds .. because frankly it is difficult to make a person convinced of something that he was not convinced of before, because that requires an intelligent person to draw attention to a specific opinion, but now after talking Ben, I was encouraged and felt that this only wants creativity in persuading the other person, and each opinion can also be changed as long as it is mixed with the opinions of others. 🌹⚘🧡

• We are used to hearing the phrase "Nothing is impossible" from an early age. Is this phrase fictional or real? Can a person achieve what he wants to achieve? The study on the mental and psychological structure of man indicates that man is able to achieve his goals as long as he adheres to his desired goal and continues in his efforts and ignores the failures he faces, and sees in every fall a source of strength to move towards a better future as did Thomas Alway Edison who invented the light bulb that we use this Days to light up our homes and streets, after failing more than a thousand times!

Success in life and realizing dreams is not a monopoly for anyone, but it is the result of continuing the struggle in order to achieve it. The person who refuses to leave the world without having his name recorded in the memory of the world usually follows a method that others consider the path of fools, because the thinking ability of those who criticize your positions is limited, and they are the owners of laziness and their intellectual circle is very limited. In his life, he can see a way out to escape the problems he faces, because he talks to himself that he is weak and does not have the strength to deal with the crises that surround him.

• Thankyou Ben for answering my question.It was pleasure for me to hear from you "What motivated you to join XR?" Generally when people experience the incident you experienced,they don't even look after but you took a part . It's something amazing . Your story for joining the XR, wowed me and as well as inspired me .We youngsters when we hear about the people like Ben , it will change our mindset .Thankyou Topical Talk-Economist for letting us to know about such wonderful people.Always grateful for providing me such a wonderful opportunity.

• Hey Ben, really, your presence in this project contributed to widening the circle of my thoughts and my view on the issue of equality...but I have a question if the family practices nepotism and discrimination between its sons and daughters, then I as a daughter, how can I defend my right before them when they are the ruler and the executioner??

• Changing minds and thinking positively is always a difficult thing to do, that is, for someone to make you a good person and have an impact in life, and the biggest distinguished example is Mr. Ben, thank you for your effort, you made me think positively and give advice and teach people new things. Mr. Ben I would like to comment on something. Ideas and minds are not the same, but you say that people should live up to their beliefs, and this is a true part. If every person does what he believes, he will confirm that it is correct, because there will be no balance in society. Thus, no one will pay attention to the laws, thus corruption will be strengthened, for example the judge. Whoever judges based on his belief without evidence is like this corruption, so rights will be eaten, money will be looted, and rights will be lost.

• Ben Mango is a member of Extinction Rebellion (XR) and also a Quaker. He joined XR after listening to a presentation on the climate crisis in his local area which showed how serious the situation was. Since then Ben has been active within his local group and is also helping to support national initiatives to raise awareness about the climate crisis and its wider connections with other issues, such as social and racial inequalities.

As a Quaker, Ben believes it is important to act on your beliefs and that everyone has the ability to contribute to a fairer and more equal society.

Ben seems to be working hard to raise awareness of the climate crisis and encourage people to act in line with their beliefs. Ben is also involved in his local group and helps support national initiatives to raise awareness of other issues such as social and racial inequality.