EARTH DAY: WE STILL HAVE A CHANCE

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

Festival2-FeaturedImage-EarthDay-Image2

We have all been taught about climate change and what it has done to our planet over the years. Our planet was not always like this. It used to be a heavenly body that was overflowing with life and vegetation. But over the years icebergs have melted, species have been endangered and there is a hole in the ozone layer.

Most people think that we are just finding out about the effects of climate change but that is not the case. We have known about it for a long time now, but not enough action was taken to combat it. People had forseen the effects of climate change but they were hindered from taking much action. here are some of the reasons why:

1. Some influencial people get their income from unclean energy sources such as coal and they were not willing to give it up.

2. They just could not spread much awareness because people simply ignored it.

3. Everyone thought the earth could endure it.

4. A few people who knew about it chose to do nothing about it.

5. Some politicians did not adhere to it because they believed it would mess with the economy.

Well despite all the years that we have wasted, i believe we still have a chance to save our beloved planet. It could be as simple as planting a new tree or reducing our carbon footprint. We could still join together and save one of our most prized possession. Now that we have evolved further, we have found other ways we can solve our problems without hurting our planet. We can use clean energy sources, electric cars and hold seminars to educate people on climate change. There are a lot of things we can do. We should not give up yet, we might have wasted a lot of time but we can still make it if we try. As young people we can make a huge difference and get other people to help us too.

In conclusion, i think that we still have a chance. It may take us a while and a lot of hard work, but we can still save our beloved planet.

Comments (3)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• Yes I agree with you .we still have a chance to save our planet the earth. We as individuals can do many steps . First, we can reduce our plastic waste by using reusable containers and bags. We can also conserve water by turning off taps when brushing our teeth or taking shorter showers. Planting trees and picking up litter from our neighbourhoods are other ways we can help the environment. we can encourage our parents, teachers and friends to adopt eco-friendly practices such as recycling and reducing energy consumption. By taking these steps, we can make a positive impact on the planet and ensure a sustainable future for ourselves and generations to come.

• I agree with you. Climate change has been known to man-kind for a long time but yet people haven’t been doing anything to save the planet, but we still have a chance to save the earth even though large effects of climate change has been seen by people. And since the ozone layer just has holes in it, it not like it’s has completely been destroyed so we still have a chance. It like the saying goes “ it’s better late than never”. So now let’s work hard and do our best to save the planet so we can be able to leave freely on earth.
    I would also like to suggest that we save the planet by adapting to the use of reduce, reuse and recycle and to also use less of the modern technology and to reduce our carbon footprint

• Yes, I believe there is still hope for our planet to be saved from climate change like we can find out ways to carry out transportation without our vehicles having to release exhaust and we could also try to practice replant trees in places where they have been cut down to prevent extinction of some animals and if we practice some of these methods I believe our planet can still be saved.