We have all been taught about climate change and what it has done to our planet over the years. Our planet was not always like this. It used to be a heavenly body that was overflowing with life and vegetation. But over the years icebergs have melted, species have been endangered and there is a hole in the ozone layer.
Most people think that we are just finding out about the effects of climate change but that is not the case. We have known about it for a long time now, but not enough action was taken to combat it. People had forseen the effects of climate change but they were hindered from taking much action. here are some of the reasons why:
1. Some influencial people get their income from unclean energy sources such as coal and they were not willing to give it up.
2. They just could not spread much awareness because people simply ignored it.
3. Everyone thought the earth could endure it.
4. A few people who knew about it chose to do nothing about it.
5. Some politicians did not adhere to it because they believed it would mess with the economy.
Well despite all the years that we have wasted, i believe we still have a chance to save our beloved planet. It could be as simple as planting a new tree or reducing our carbon footprint. We could still join together and save one of our most prized possession. Now that we have evolved further, we have found other ways we can solve our problems without hurting our planet. We can use clean energy sources, electric cars and hold seminars to educate people on climate change. There are a lot of things we can do. We should not give up yet, we might have wasted a lot of time but we can still make it if we try. As young people we can make a huge difference and get other people to help us too.
In conclusion, i think that we still have a chance. It may take us a while and a lot of hard work, but we can still save our beloved planet.