Why illegal immigration should be more punished

This post was written by a student. It has not been fact checked or edited.

From my point of view, although immigration has positive things, I think that the illegal one should be more punished because of these reasons:

It is literally illegal as they are trespassing frontiers of the countries which were set up by a law or a treaty in the past and although it may seem as they are just scaping form bad living conditions It is important to remember that their actions are not legal.

Illegal immigration is also really dangerous as most of these immigrants are violent people who are used to violent and aggressive situations, this usually leads this type of people to have problems in their future, to sum up, these immigrants will increase the criminality tase if civilised countries accept them.

Also, it is possible that they go to other countries and planning not to work. For example, in SPAIN we have helps for homeless people and in total it could be over 1000€ and it is not theory that people rather prefer living with those helps that with normal jobs as person with these helps when they obtain a job, they stop receiving them.

To stop the illegal immigration, I would make these new advantages.

Reducing costs of transferring from a country to another, any person that come with no papers should be re send to their country of origin, help people which is trying to escape their country and much more. All actions against illegal immigration are grate but especially those ones which will eradicate it by helping them instead of punishing them, although it may be kneaded sometimes so people realize that it is serious and not just another law that the government forgets 2 daises after the creation of it.

Comments (2)

You must be logged in with Student Hub access to post a comment. Sign up now!

• As I see it, advocates for tougher penalties on illegal immigration often argue that stricter enforcement is necessary to uphold the rule of law and protect national security. They contend that by imposing harsher consequences, such as deportation or fines, on those who enter a country unlawfully, it deters future illegal immigration and preserves resources for lawful residents. However, it's crucial to consider the humanitarian implications and address underlying factors driving migration, such as economic instability or violence, in crafting comprehensive immigration policies.

• I agree that in order to stop illegal immigration the government should help those who are suffering from poverty and / or other push factors, instead of punishing them for illegal immigration. Not only will it help their circumstances, it will also make not want to leave because it will improve their opinion on the government.